Wednesday's Dinner, 8/13/14??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today?

I'm roasting a chicken - don't know what I'll do with it first. Maybe make some Garlic Linguini
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 8/13/14?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
I'm going to make the Sausage Minestra soup some of us have had over the years. It has orzo and fresh spinach in it as well. Garlic bread on the side.

Will make Michael french toast because I know he won't eat the soup. Easy enough that I don't feel put out for making two dinners.
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 8/13/14?? by Trixxee (I'm going to make th...)
Next favorite is Robbie's Chicken Pot Pie. I've always been a chicken pot pie snob. No restaurant, frozen or homemade version ever quite measured up.....until I made this one.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 8/13/14?? by Gourmet_Mom (Next favorite is Rob...)
Burgers for dinner on this wet rainy day.
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 8/13/14?? by losblanos1 (Burgers for dinner o...)
I already changed my mind. I have some pesto to use up so we're having pesto chicken club sandwiches, but not on toast, on toasted kaiser rolls.

Holy moly on the price of bacon.
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 8/13/14?? by Trixxee (I already changed my...)
We're having deep dish pizza tonight.
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 8/13/14?? by karyn (We're having deep di...)
Putting a herb marinated turkey breast in the rotisserie. Don't have time to hover over a stove. Making blackberry items for the festival
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 8/13/14?? by DFen911 (Putting a herb marin...)
I'm going to pound the heck out of a couple chicken breasts and then make them into schnitzel, possibly.
Also, some yam fries.
Dang it. I keep making things in the oven, and it's pretty darn hot here. I've got to look up more grilling recipes and get back on track.
Also, I am so proud of myself that I discovered just because you buy a bag of coleslaw doesn't mean you have to make coleslaw dressing! I've recently used homemade Asian dressing, and it's to die for!
Tonight is one of the 3 nights a week I call my Mom at her lodge, so I might have to treat myself to a glass of white as well.
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 8/13/14?? by sugarbrown (I'm going to pound t...)
Would love to hear about the Asian dressing - sounds interesting.

I'm going to be doing some grilling ideas on my travel blog as the days go by. Did one on roasting a chicken on the grill yesterday. You might want to check it out.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com