Saturday's Dinner, 8/16/14??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for today??

We're off to explore the local farmers market, so who knows!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Saturday's Dinner, 8/16/14?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
We're going to try something a little different. A fajita chicken burger. A ground chicken burger topped with cheese, peppers, onions, and guacamole. I'm also going to add a little slice of a whole canned green chile.

http://www.bunsinmyoven.com/2014/07/07/c...a-burgers/
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 8/16/14?? by Trixxee (We're going to try s...)
That looks really good Trixxee and we're almost on the same page, I'm making those Chipotle Chicken Burgers.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 8/16/14?? by losblanos1 (That looks really go...)
Crap, it's pouring here!! So, no farmers market.

Guess we'll stay in and have Chicken Pad Thai.....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 8/16/14?? by cjs (Crap, it's pouring h...)
What a bummer, Jean! At least you have a list of pheasant farms to investigate!

Tonight is steak night!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 8/16/14?? by Gourmet_Mom (What a bummer, Jean!...)
I'm going over to Heather's for happy hour and veggie pizza that Holly is making. The guys are all at a golf outing with Ron Sr. and his VFW group so they will get steak dinners.

However, I did cook today. Made my Dad one of his favorites, Sausage and Potato Soup.

Side note: I never knew until recently that you could use radish tops just like any other green. This is the second time I have used it in a potato soup and it is surprisingly tasty. I just cleaned them really well, then chopped them up and sauteed in a pan with onions and olive oil before adding to the soup.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 8/16/14?? by Mare749 (I'm going over to He...)
Good idea, Maryann - and we all love radish sprouts!!
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 8/16/14?? by cjs (Good idea, Maryann -...)
Hubby wants pizza, so I made three batches of dough a little while ago and just browned up the (hot) sausage with some garlic. Oops, did I type (hot) out loud? It's really not that hot, doubt he'll even taste it. Out of mindset, out of taste buds.

Jean, I've had Quail, how different is Pheasant? And I'm still looking to cook a duck!

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 8/16/14?? by BarbaraS (Hubby wants pizza, s...)
It's been so many years since I've had either Barbara, I can't give you any of the nuances of each. But, I do love both. My oldest son used to get quail with a 22 so we didn't have to worry about any shot in them.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 8/16/14?? by cjs (It's been so many ye...)
Trixxee, those fajita burgers are going on the menu for this week. They look delicious! Last night my son's GF cooked Indian food for us. She was sooo newvous but everything was delicious!