Sunday's Dinner, 8/17/14??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for today??

If no rain, I have a steak to grill.

By the way, played with 'baking' cookies in the grill yesterday and it worked!! I was surprised and very pleased.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Sunday's Dinner, 8/17/14?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
I think we're going to have Ina's White Pizza with Arugula. I've had it on my mind for a long time, but have never gotten around to making it.
  Re: Re: Sunday's Dinner, 8/17/14?? by karyn (I think we're going ...)
Grilling a tri tip and corn on the cob. I might make a small batch of cream of spinach soup - hate to see a partially used bag of spinach go to waste but I'm not in the mood for sauteed spinach.
  Re: Re: Sunday's Dinner, 8/17/14?? by karyn (I think we're going ...)
Oooo Karyn, that pizza looks delish! I love white pizza with all the garlic! I'm saving that one for another time!

Tonight I'm doing the Confetti Pasta with Chicken Tenders and the Arugula salad with the Shallot Vinaigrette. Love that vinaigrette!

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Sunday's Dinner, 8/17/14?? by BarbaraS (Oooo Karyn, that piz...)
Trixxee have you ever made that creamed spinach sauce from one of the grilling cookbooks? It's delicious on grilled steaks.

Tonight it's Chinese almond chicken with pork fried rice.
  Re: Re: Sunday's Dinner, 8/17/14?? by losblanos1 (Trixxee have you eve...)
Is it the one where it goes on top of an open faced burger? If so, YES! Forgot all about that.
  Re: Re: Sunday's Dinner, 8/17/14?? by Trixxee (Is it the one where ...)
Yes, that's the one.
  Re: Re: Sunday's Dinner, 8/17/14?? by losblanos1 (Yes, that's the one....)
My goodness, Karyn! That sounds incredible! Let us know how it is. That's one I may could make for William after a week of being good, maybe?

We're going to scrounge in the fridge: Caesar Salad, lasagna.... We went to Myrtle Beach for lunch. I had She Crab Soup that was unbelievable! Wish I had gotten a bowl instead of a cup. I had to share with William. We didn't care for his crab dip. Something was off in it. Chopped pickles or capers? It was almost like a cold crab salad that was baked? He had the Chef Chopped Salad topped with grilled chicken that was huge and he said was really good. I had a shrimp salad plate. It was lightly dressed with mayo, celery and capers. The shrimp was the star, as it should be. The complimentary hushpuppies were the crispy round ones with a hint of onion that I prefer. We left stuffed! Simple beach fare with a great view. http://www.seacaptains.com
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Sunday's Dinner, 8/17/14?? by Gourmet_Mom (My goodness, Karyn! ...)
Great menu, Daphne.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Sunday's Dinner, 8/17/14?? by cjs (Great menu, Daphne....)
We wound up spending too much tome on the dock last night and did fridge/freezer diving for quesadillas. I made the pizza tonight and it was really good, but not good enough to replace our favorites...