Need Recipe: Asian Cucumbers???
  Re: (...)
I am looking for a recipe for these pickled Asian cucumbers. I believe it was in an issue with Asian Lime Ribs. I think?? But the cucumbers were in a vinegar/sugar? and dried red pepper or cayenne. Having difficulty finding this
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Need Recipe: Asian Cucumbers??? by luvnit (I am looking for a r...)
is this it?

CUCUMBERS WITH MINT VINAIGRETTE

Even if you’re not a fan of
cucumbers, you must try this. It’s
the perfect palate cleanser
between bites of each spicy rib.
MAKES 4 CUPS

PUREE IN BLENDER:
10–15 fresh mint leaves
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup rice vinegar
2 t. fresh ginger, chopped
1/2 t. crushed red pepper
flakes

TOSS WITH:
1 English cucumber,
thinly sliced
(about 4 cups)

Puree in blender the mint
leaves, sugar, vinegar, ginger,
and red pepper flakes.

Toss with thinly sliced
cucumber. Serve chilled.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Need Recipe: Asian Cucumbers??? by cjs (is this it?[br][br]...)
Yes! I believe so. I didn't remember the mint, but yes.

Thanks Jean!
Laura
  Re: Re: Need Recipe: Asian Cucumbers??? by luvnit (Yes! I believe so. I...)
You are welcome.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Need Recipe: Asian Cucumbers??? by luvnit (I am looking for a r...)
Is this the one? I know I've made this one a dozen or more times and my daughters both love it!

Cucumber Salad
from "Cuisine at Home"
makes 2 1/2 cups
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup rice vinegar
1 tsp. kosher salt
1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
2 small cucumbers
1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion (optional)

Combine sugar, vinegar, salt, and pepper flakes for dressing in a bowl; set aside.

To prepare the cucumbers, cut a cucumber in half lengthwise, then scoop out the seeds with a spoon. Discard seeds. Slice cucumber halves into thin slices to make a yield of 2 to 2 1/2 cups.

Toss cucumber and onion slices with dressing until well coated. Chill salad until ready to serve. Salad can be prepared up to 1 hour ahead.

You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Need Recipe: Asian Cucumbers??? by Harborwitch (Is this the one? I ...)
That's the one I use, Sharon. Funny, guess I didn't know it was a C@H recipe. When I copied it to Living Cookbook, I titled it Sharon's Cucumber Salad.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Need Recipe: Asian Cucumbers??? by Mare749 (That's the one I use...)
Huh, will have to try both.....if i haven't already. DAPHNE??
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Need Recipe: Asian Cucumbers??? by cjs (Huh, will have to tr...)
Yes Sharon! That is the one I remember making. Acutally both sound good. I may have to make both!

One at a time though. Love cucumber salads!
Laura
  Re: Re: Need Recipe: Asian Cucumbers??? by Mare749 (That's the one I use...)
I love this salad. Might have to make it tonight. It would be refreshing with the spicy BBQ
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Need Recipe: Asian Cucumbers??? by Harborwitch (I love this salad. ...)
Um, Jean, I'm back at school, moving to a different room, packing my room to go home since most of what is in my old room is reading or writing and I won't need. Did I announce that? I've moved to science! I'm SO excited! I get to go out doing FUN stuff! Sorry if I did. I'm still just so excited!!!!

Anyway, after all that, two days of sitting in hard chairs, too much information, and just tomorrow to get ready for open house tomorrow night? So Jean, my brain is fried right now! Sorry!!!! LOL!

On the upside, I'm LOVING the "Elf" posts meant to annoy others! Last update from Lorraine was 18 Fridays to Christmas! That is my new countdown!!!!!!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.