Labor Day 2014 - Plans????
  Re: (...)
Last of the holidays for a while (those of you who still need them........................ )

Any plans made yet??
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Labor Day 2014 - Plans???? by cjs (Last of the holidays...)
My parents are coming up with some friends Plus my dads bday is the 4th so lots of food gonna be made
  Re: Labor Day 2014 - Plans???? by cjs (Last of the holidays...)
Work.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Labor Day 2014 - Plans???? by Harborwitch (Work.[br] [img]/ubbt...)
We are hosting a big birthday party for my father-in-law this Sunday with the whole family coming in for his 80th b-day. So, we will be very busy cooking for that and setting up in the back yard with tables, chairs, canopies, etc. The girls and hubbies are helping, so that will cut down on the amount of stuff Ron and I have to do. But....after Sunday, I don't think I want to have any more parties until Thanksgiving.

So, I think about all we will do for Labor Day is pack up a cooler with food and go to the air show down on the lake. We really like watching the Blue Angels and we missed them last year because President Obama canceled the air show.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Labor Day 2014 - Plans???? by Mare749 (We are hosting a big...)
Wow, you will have earned a non-labor labor day, Maryann!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Labor Day 2014 - Plans???? by cjs (Wow, you will have e...)
Thanks Jean. The only thing that I'm finding a bit intimidating is the birthday cake that I'm going to make instead of buying one. Ron Sr. just doesn't like store bought cakes, more specifically, the frosting. So, I decided to make one myself. Going to a cake supply store today for decorations.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Labor Day 2014 - Plans???? by Mare749 (Thanks Jean. The onl...)
Good luck with the cake, Maryann! John won't even eat frosted cake because of that frosting. We tend to stick to cheesecake or pies foe celebrations.

We're having some good friends and their adult children visit over the long weekend. Dinner will be a pizza throw down. I'm going to par-bake the crusts ahead to make things easier, and then everyone will make their best pizza. We'll have a (semi) blind tasting and see who is crowned pizza queen (or king). It should be a fun way to do dinner after a day on the lake.
  Re: Re: Labor Day 2014 - Plans???? by karyn (Good luck with the c...)
We did a couple of those kind of pizza parties over the years and they are so fun! I'm very envious. Wink
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Labor Day 2014 - Plans???? by cjs (We did a couple of t...)
Maryann, I know you'll do great! But I'm sure the tension isn't making life easy right now! After you master the cake, try to let the girls do their part and relieve you of some of the stress. BREATHE!

Karyn, that sounds so fun! I finally got the cake flour, so I may try that "new" pizza dough recipe Maryann suggested that Jean tried and described as being so crispy, although, I also have a recipe of dough I froze over the summer that I never got back to making.

Who knows, I may just let William cook whatever and relax on the deck so I can recharge for the following week.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Labor Day 2014 - Plans???? by Gourmet_Mom (Maryann, I know you'...)
Well, Labor day is here and I'm still not sure what we'll have. Decided not to buy ribs, we just don't have room for more food. So, we shall see.

Have a great holiday, everyone!
www.achefsjourney.com