T.G.I.F. Dinner, 8/22/14??
  Re: (...)
What's on everyone's menu for today??

One of two bulky pkg. I saved from the last freezer before selling it is a bag of Razor clams. I have got to get those two out of this little freezer so I can go to a meat market and get some goodies to play with. So, I'm doing clams today - have no idea what all I'll do, but I have to do something.

The other pkg. is oysters - what a problem to have, huh? But, it has turned into a nagging problem.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 8/22/14?? by cjs (What's on everyone's...)
I am making the C @ H greek feta burgers on hoagie rolls. That sauce is wonderful.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 8/22/14?? by Trixxee (I am making the C @ ...)
Grilling some lamb chops. Not sure what else I'll do...and as I type this Ranch Kitty has brought something she wants on the grill. One of the biggest mice she's caught thus far. I wonder what seasonings I should do....
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 8/22/14?? by DFen911 (Grilling some lamb c...)
Salt, pepper, and some dried catnip should be perfect on the mouse.

I think I'm getting out of cooking . . . darn! Chad has invited all of the work campers to dinner at Michaels by the Lake - a very nice restaurant! I'm hoping they still have those little tacos Jean - I'd love those.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 8/22/14?? by Harborwitch (Salt, pepper, and so...)
That was a great brunch we had there, Sharon!!

I'm having a ball in the kitchen today - but it's rainy so R can't 'carpenter' outside.

Razor Clams three ways -
My favorite Fried clam recipe
Razor clam fritters
and this is so off the wall, I have to try it
Smoked Razor Clams (using the oven and liquid smoke + lots of goodies.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 8/22/14?? by cjs (That was a great bru...)
Tonight is steak night, from the new issue I'm making the steak with caramelized onions and blue cheese mashed potatoes. I really should be reviewing these recipes, they're delicious.
  Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 8/22/14?? by cjs (What's on everyone's...)
Wait a sec. Jean, you can freeze clams?

We're having l/o pizza.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 8/22/14?? by BarbaraS (Wait a sec. Jean, y...)
The steak with caramelized onions and blue cheese potatoes is on the menu for next week. I'm looking forward to it!

Tonight, we're grilling hamburgers. I'm not sure what else.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 8/22/14?? by karyn (The steak with caram...)
Oh yes, you can freeze clams, oysters, mussels - but we're talking a different kind of clam here. Look at the pix or the blog and see the meat of a razor clam. I don't freeze 'in shell'. And always filled with water.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 8/22/14?? by cjs (That was a great bru...)
Oh Jean! I was so tempted to do the Sushi Tacos & salad like that day . . . but I caved! Grilled Salmon on Butternut Squash Risotto with winter vegetables and a Rum Beurre Blanc! I will try to get some pictures posted tomorrow. Chad, Tonya and I had that - and we're certain we had the best meal there! Chad ordered appetizers - mozz. sticks (which are house made!) and a Caprese flatbread with pesto, tomatoes and melty gooey mozz. We are stuffed to the gills!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!