Sunday Dinner, 8/24/14??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

I'd sure love to grill, but looks like the rain is going to continue..... I did pick up some goodies yesterday - the farmers market in Jamestown and a meat market in Medina -

this is the list of flavors of sausages Reister Meats offers - unbelievable. We bought the sauerkraut.
[Image: Aug23ReisterMeatsSausagetypes_zpsb25e9b73.jpg]

My consumable bounty – clockwise, starting at bottom: Chokecherry jam (from farmers market – no fresh or frozen berries!), a little square of head cheese, 2 pkg. Walleye, snap peas, UV Chocolate cake (Lordy, is this liqueur tasty), and two bottles of favorite wines. Sigh…..it’s so hard to have to only buy consumables.

[Image: Aug23MybountyfromJamesTown_zpsfe3f66d9.jpg]

Don't know why I didn't buy 2 jams - can't make up my mind whether to make a little pie or some ice cream with it or a syrup for Uncle Wallace's pancakes (or sourdough waffles) Shoot, decisions, decisions.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Sunday Dinner, 8/24/14?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Jean really enjoy your travels. And all your fun and food.

We stay busy out here grands and helping to cook meals for the homeless but I do
Read the form just haven't had much to contribute.

Marye
Everything will be all right in the end. So if it is not right, then it's not yet the end.
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 8/24/14?? by mjkcooking (Jean really enjoy yo...)
Hi Marye - we sure are having a good time. Take care and just come make up stuff if nothing exciting is happening. (who'll know?? )
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 8/24/14?? by mjkcooking (Jean really enjoy yo...)
Jean, you really are having so much fun! You are starting to make me think that maybe I could be away from home for longer than 3 weeks. What really great purchases, too.

I know you love pumpkin, so I saved this page for both of us. It would probably be just as good with the jam you bought.

http://diethood.com/pumpkin-pie-cinnamon-rolls/

Dinner today will be coke-brined beer can chicken, smoked baby back ribs, potato salad, broccoli salad, baked beans, local corn, dinner rolls, watermelon and honeydew, with birthday cake for dessert!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 8/24/14?? by Mare749 (Jean, you really are...)
Have a great family day, Maryann and all!!!!

and, thanks for the link - off to check it out!
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 8/24/14?? by cjs (Have a great family ...)
Jean where are you guys at now? You still in ND?
  Re: Sunday Dinner, 8/24/14?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Isn't that a wonderful meat market! We miss it a lot. Did you stop for Knoephla soup at the Coffee Cup or the Decoy? We still have our main bank account at the bank in Medina. The blueberry brats were wonderful! But the kraut ones were our favorites.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 8/24/14?? by DFen911 (Jean where are you g...)
Yes, we're still in Jamestown, ND until next Friday - then on to Thief River Falls, MN for 4 days. Next is Hermantown, MN (which Laura tells us is "the town with no women" and on to Laura's
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 8/24/14?? by cjs (Yes, we're still in ...)
Just saw your post, Sharon. Didn't stop at either - are they in Medina?? How could we have missed them that town is so small.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 8/24/14?? by cjs (Just saw your post, ...)
Just me again.................. There's an echo in here.

Another traveling cheap & dirty trick to try. Had a can of Pillsbury biscuits (the big can with 8 biscuits), but I wanted to make po'boys with my leftover clam fritters, so divided the 8 pcs. of dough into 2 'blobs' of 4 biscuits and rolled them out to long rectangles.

Cutting each into 4 pieces made for 4 perfect sandwich 'focaccia' pieces with 4 more just plain rolls leftover for funny shaped sandwiches. Perfect!

[Image: Aug24PillslburyFocacciaportioned_zpsa90e8534.jpg]

[Image: Aug24ClamFritterPoBoy_zpsa204c586.jpg]

the rolls turned out thin enough that R didn't whine about all the bread!!
www.achefsjourney.com