Monday's Dinner, 8/25/14??
  Re: (...)
So, since it's not Labor day, what the hell are you cooking??

(I'm retired, who the heck knows what day/date it is..)

I picked up some Beef Bacon in Idaho (or Montana) and I'm using it for a base for Bolognese sauce - we'll see.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Monday's Dinner, 8/25/14?? by cjs (So, since it's not L...)
Pulled some meatloaf from the freezer for sandwiches.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 8/25/14?? by Trixxee (Pulled some meatloaf...)
Oh Trixxee, now I'm lusting for a meatloaf sandwich....one of my absolute favorites!!

Well, the Bolognese dish turned out a heck of a lot better than I had hoped. I subbed the Beef Bacon for the ground chuck, prosciutto and chicken livers. And, It cooked down enough that I don't have enough leftovers for an army!!

Also, used the other half of pizza dough for another flatbread - onion, Kalamata & Rosemary. Everything was very good (SURPRISE, SURPRISE) with the Rhubarb wine we had opened. Better than with the Pinot.

[Image: Aug25RaguallaBolognesewflatbread_zps9da38dbc.jpg]
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 8/25/14?? by cjs (Oh Trixxee, now I'm ...)
We're having patty melts and a fresh bean salad with pickled onions.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 8/25/14?? by karyn (We're having patty m...)
Dinner's going to be tarragon cream chicken with asparagus.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 8/25/14?? by losblanos1 (Dinner's going to be...)
After one of the craziest first days of my career, we had ribs and corn on the cob on the grill. And lots of wine! And cocktails are dessert!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 8/25/14?? by Gourmet_Mom (After one of the cra...)
Marinating some sirloin in a spicy mix that I'll grill and some corn. Been so busy today with blackberries. Picked all morning, making sorbet, bbq sauce and a pie for when my folks arrive. I've decided that we will have blackberries with every meal in some way or another.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 8/25/14?? by DFen911 (Marinating some sirl...)
Ha! Love the tagline Denise.
www.achefsjourney.com