Thursday's Dinner, 8/28/14??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today?

Fixing up the leftover ribs and making the Apple & Herb Pasta salad - who posted this? Maryann?

I'm putting together stuffed bell peppers with quinoa & some of the wood-fired wings for Friday which is a travel day. On to Minnesota!!

later today, we'll have the rest of the wings and sauce. Not bad - 5 dinners out of the lunch 'doggie' bag.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Thursday's Dinner, 8/28/14?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
I'm making the chicken lo mein from the new issue, also the mushroom potstickers.
  Re: Thursday's Dinner, 8/28/14?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Tonight one of the work campers is having a get together. Everyone is to bring finger foods and their own drinks & a chair. I'm taking Hummus and pita chips . . . and since I can't just take one thing . . . Chocolate Chile Pots de Creme but we are piping it into little chocolate cups. I wish I had violets to garnish, or chile threads.

I'm not sure what else there'll be.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 8/28/14?? by Harborwitch (Tonight one of the w...)
Good question.....
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 8/28/14?? by DFen911 (Good question........)
Tonight will be Thai Food. We are celebrating another childhood friend's 60th birthday. She is number 4 out of 5 of us. The last one won't be until January. I usually order something with shrimp. Ron got himself invited to Holly's house for dinner.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 8/28/14?? by Mare749 (Tonight will be Thai...)
Blane's menu gave me an idea - potsticker soup.
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 8/28/14?? by Trixxee (Blane's menu gave me...)
I posted how good our pre-holiday dinner was in the Labor Day thread.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 8/28/14?? by cjs (I posted how good ou...)
Have fun Maryann! I'm sure Ron had to work really hard to get an invite to Holly's for dinner! LOL!

I came home to throw together spaghetti sauce. I assumed we had plenty of lettuce and tomato for salad from last night's Taco Salad with cucumbers on the deck to finish it off. NOT! SOMEBODY stayed home today and ate it for lunch or a snack. AND left the dirty bowl on the counter for me to wash when I got home! Not cool!

And yes, Jean, Andrew is doing that well at work! SOMEBODY will actually get to semi-retire with me!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 8/28/14?? by Gourmet_Mom (Have fun Maryann! I...)
Daphne...that is so funny, only because I think we've all been there!!!

It's been a crazy week here and John and I were planning on going out to dinner tonight, but I was just too tired, so we went for my favorite skillet comfort food.. Skillet Chicken, Broccoli, and Asiago Pasta. It's still as delicious as ever, but I realized, looking at the recipe, that I'm not nearly as careful with the ingredients and proportions as I used to be! The most essential element is the lemon added at the end. Without that added, it's REALLY blahhh.
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 8/28/14?? by karyn (Daphne...that is so ...)
Seems a number of us are into comfort food this week. Sounds like a good 'what's in the fridge to add' kind of dish, Karyn.
www.achefsjourney.com