Tuesday's Dinner, 9/2/14??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

Made a throw-together casserole yesterday, so we'd have an easy, fast dinner today, travel day. On our way to Walker, MN!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 9/2/14?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
We have leftovers, ribs and pasta salad. Getting a little tired of summer BBQ food, so need to look up some meals we haven't had recently and menu plan!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 9/2/14?? by Mare749 (We have leftovers, r...)
I am also getting a little tired of summer bbq food (glad there are no leftovers) so thought of making southwestern sloppy joes until I realized they have bbq sauce in them. LOL. Cannot deal with bbq sauce again today.

Then I thought of the birthday burritos but my avocados are not ripe.
Back to the drawing board.
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 9/2/14?? by Trixxee (I am also getting a ...)
OK, think I decided on Cajun Chicken Stroganoff.
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 9/2/14?? by Trixxee (OK, think I decided ...)
Well I'm still on the BBQ train, but then we BBQ all thru even the coldest winter days

Grilled chicken with Blackberry BBQ Sauce, Spicy Green Beans and Cheesy Garlic Pull Apart Bread.
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 9/2/14?? by DFen911 (Well I'm still on th...)
That sounds really delicious Denise.

I'm using leftover roast to make French dips.
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 9/2/14?? by losblanos1 (That sounds really d...)
I'm of the same 'ilk' as Denise - I BBQ all year round - even in Kewanee, IL in dead of winter. Neighbors thought we were crazy.

Grilling today after all - it is just gorgeous in Walker, MN - this is a REALLY beautiful state!! We're grilling outside, drinking wine outside and eating our Sauerkraut Hoagiesque sandwiches outside.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 9/2/14?? by cjs (I'm of the same 'ilk...)
We bbq all year round too (I think So. Cal. probably has the best grilling weather since it never freaking rains).

But 5 meals in a row (one on Saturday, two on Sunday and two on Monday) is my limit. I need something cooked in a frying pan. LOL. There's not a grilled item on the list this week except for a recipe a friend just sent me. I'm thinking the lemon garlic butter sauce at the end however may not be necessary.

Ok, here goes. In a food processor about 6 cloves of garlic. 2 chopped shallots. A3-4 inch piece of fresh ginger cut up 1/2cup olive oil. And 1cup of fresh cilantro that you rough chopped and juice of 1fresh lemon. Salt and pepper to,taste Process till smooth. Marinate boneless skinless thighs cut in bite sized pieces in plastic bags overnight in refrigerator skewer chicken and grill about 7 minutes a side. Meanwhile. In small saucepan. Melt 1 stick butter with 3 cloves sliced garlic and juice of 1 lemon. You want to heat through so the garlic is not completely raw. Just before pouring over cooked chicken when you are ready to serve add more fresh chopped cilantro. You can adjust this recipe for more or less chicken. It is difficult to make a mistake with the ingredients. Enjoy!
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 9/2/14?? by Trixxee (We bbq all year roun...)
I think tuna patties with sauteed broccoli rabe and spinach. That could all change - I've got 3 1/2 hours more to go at work and my "boys" are heading for the store. Hmmmmmm.

You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 9/2/14?? by Harborwitch (I think tuna patties...)
I had a church meeting this afternoon that went long, so I'm cooking chicken tenders for buffalo chicken salad. Too hot out to grill them, so they go in a skillet.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.