What are we reading?
  Re: (...)
In between work and "stuff" I've been doing some reading this summer. In between all the thrillers, mysteries, etc. I've managed "Yes Chef" by Marcus Samuelson. His story was astounding - what a life he has led and his passion for food and cooking is totally inspiring!

I'm now in the middle of "The Hundred Foot Journey" by Richard Morais. It's a great story and is making me hungry for some Indian food!

There are so many more on my list . . . we'll see what the library has. Has anyone else been reading any good "food books"?
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: What are we reading? by Harborwitch (In between work and ...)
Hmm...I don't think so, but do thank you for recommending some!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What are we reading? by Mare749 (Hmm...I don't think ...)
Not me, but I'm liking the sounds of your recommendations! Especially the Samuelson book!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What are we reading? by Gourmet_Mom (Not me, but I'm liki...)
Shall have to check those out. I have a huge amount of respect for Marcus Samuelsson. He's my favourite judge on Chopped, too.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: What are we reading? by labradors (Shall have to check ...)
I know . . . listening to him actually narrate his book really felt like listening to a friend recounting his life - I love his recipies.
  Re: Re: What are we reading? by Harborwitch (I know . . . listeni...)
Haven't read a food book for the longest time....wait, did read Bourdain's Medium Raw.

And, I have Tasting Home by Judith Newton waiting to be read.

P.S. came back to add - just saw this in my newsletter this a.m. about Richard Marais -
the interview
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What are we reading? by cjs (Haven't read a food ...)
Thank you Jean! That was interesting to read. I had a feeling from the way he describes food that he must love food & cooking. There were a few dishes he describes that didn't sit well - but that's okay.
  Re: Re: What are we reading? by Harborwitch (Thank you Jean! Tha...)
Thank you, Sharon. I just downloaded both of those books (sound version) from my library.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What are we reading? by Mare749 (Thank you, Sharon. I...)
The Invention of Wings by Sue Monk Kidd. She also wrote the Secret Life of Bees.
  Re: Re: What are we reading? by DFen911 (The Invention of Win...)
I racked my brain (what little is left) to remember the last foodie book I read...... THE REAL MEAL REVOLUTION by Tim Noakes et al.......packed full of information. I read this cover to cover, including the recipes (which are not great IMHO). I have revisited the recipes and alter them according to his taste===he is a HUGE sport for the changes. This is his version of the Banting diet and it has done wonders for the GOLDMANS----he has now decreased his prednisone (for polymalgia) by a half and now we think we can eliminate his cholesterol med-----Next blood level will lead us on the way-----AMAZING what this diet has done---FOR HIM!!!!!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy