A Visit with the Behrendt's
  Re: (...)

After visiting Larua & Brad, I am so lusting after two pieces of equipment they have - the salamander (in the kitchen pix) and the Kettle pizza cooker. I’m thinking this Kettle is the way to go for us, much less expensive to start with and it does a darn nice job of grilling pizzas.
[Image: SeptPizzaCooker_zps45536dba.jpg]

Laura prepped 5 or 6 pizzas and each one was better than the other! Great flavors.
[Image: Sept9LaurasPizzaParty_zpsa1d25cff.jpg]

Brad acted as the little old pizza cooker and as you can see, he really gets into his job in comfort!
[Image: Sept9Bradtendingpizzaoven_zpse98f17a9.jpg]

A couple of our pizzas and a good time was had by all!
[Image: Sept9pizza1mushrooms_zps86450d2d.jpg]

[Image: Sept9Pizza3_zps02887027.jpg]

And, she sent me home with a goodies bag of her garden goodies she has been preserving – all look darn good to me – now, to decide what to use first.

thanks so much Laura and Brad - and of course, it was fun seeing Maggie and Joe! Maggie's almost as tall as her mom already!

Supposed to rain today, so she has a great prime rib dinner planned with a surprise local dessert. Stay tuned……….
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: A Visit with the Behrendt's by cjs ([br]After visiting L...)
Love the pictures! Get a group shot too
  Re: Re: A Visit with the Behrendt's by DFen911 (Love the pictures! [...)
How cool!! I know where you are!

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: A Visit with the Behrendt's by BarbaraS (How cool!! I know w...)
So awesome! Thanks for sharing! Looks like Laura is treating you guys pretty well! I'm impressed!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: A Visit with the Behrendt's by Gourmet_Mom (So awesome! Thanks ...)
Those pizzas look delicious! And it sounds like you are going to have a spectacular dinner again tonight. Have fun. Love the pics.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: A Visit with the Behrendt's by Mare749 (Those pizzas look de...)
Love the pics! Can't wait to see more of all of you!!!
  Re: A Visit with the Behrendt's by cjs ([br]After visiting L...)
What wonderful pictures! It looks like you are all having so much fun and such great food! I'm looking forward to more pictures!

Please give Laura a big hug and give Maggie a big hug from Bob and I (we so loved hosting Flat Maggie!)
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: A Visit with the Behrendt's by Harborwitch (What wonderful pictu...)
Did you get more pictures than food? Would love to see Maggie and Joe and everyone
  Re: Re: A Visit with the Behrendt's by DFen911 (Did you get more pic...)
Hang on - more pix coming.....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: A Visit with the Behrendt's by cjs (Hang on - more pix c...)
Looks and sounds like a great visit!