Wednesday's Dinner, 9/10/14??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

Laura & Brad are having us for a Prime Rib dinner!!

Rained like a son-of-a-gun last night - and heavy drops, too. Now, there are these 'people' out walking their dogs around horrendous mud puddles in more rain....and our little Willie is just sleeping away on the 'fireplace' sticking his tongue out at all of them!!!! Silly people.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 9/10/14?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Pictures Jean and Laura

Not sure busy day again here. This week is killing me. I need a vacation from retirements. Remember Daphne you heard here first, you will be SO busy (of course loving every minute of it).

I have a whole chicken I think I'll roast. And then maybe the next day make a sour dough pizza crust and make pizza Jean is inspiring my pizza creativity
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 9/10/14?? by DFen911 (Pictures Jean and La...)
make notes!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 9/10/14?? by cjs (make notes! [img]/ub...)
Denise, that's what I've heard! Sounds good to me!

Sent a text to William this afternoon for dinner ideas, and he informed me he was smoking two Boston Butts and for me to pick up whatever I thought we'd want with it. He was waiting for me on the deck when I got home! BBQ sandwiches with slaw for dinner! NICE!!!!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 9/10/14?? by Gourmet_Mom (Denise, that's what ...)
I think we are just going to have soup and grilled sandwiches tonight. Ron has to fix a plumbing problem at our other house and doesn't know when he will be done.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 9/10/14?? by Mare749 (I think we are just ...)
Nice, Daphne! Enjoy these last warm evenings!!

I had some dark mystery sauce in the freezer, so I grilled some strip steak and served it with the sauce. Yummy! I just wish I knew what the sauce was.

I served it with risotto and grilled broccolini.
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 9/10/14?? by karyn (Nice, Daphne! Enjoy ...)
We had leftover jambalaya and I invented (for me) a warm kale & red pepper salad with fresh nectarines & honey mustard dressing. OH YUM!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!