Monday's Dinner, 9/15/14??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today?

Guess we'll have Roy's favorite, after another day of travel, Hot dogs in Spinach wraps - think I'll add the rest of Bill's salsa, also.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Monday's Dinner, 9/15/14?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Tonight we will have the rib-eyes on the grill that we didn't do yesterday. I'm thinking of doing a red potato recipe that I saw on cooks country. The potatoes are boiled whole in very salty water, then flattened on an oiled baking sheet, and into the oven for another 30 minutes until crispy.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 9/15/14?? by Mare749 (Tonight we will have...)
Potatoes sound good, Maryann

Yesterday when we landed, I started a "cheap & dirty" method for oven baked/smoked bacon. Just can't stand not doing my bacon - so, I'm giving this a try with my last piece of pork belly. Fingers crossed.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 9/15/14?? by cjs (Potatoes sound good,...)
You can splash those potatoes with apple cider vinegar and turn them into salt and vinegar potatoes.

I am going to try the chicken and spinach enchiladas (you use flour tortillas instead of corn) from one of the cuisine cookbooks.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 9/15/14?? by Trixxee (You can splash those...)
The vinegar sounds good!
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 9/15/14?? by cjs (The vinegar sounds g...)
Something with the leftover pork leg from yesterday.
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 9/15/14?? by Roxanne 21 (Something with the l...)
Here's the exact recipe/method if anyone wants to give them a whirl.

http://noblepig.com/2011/06/salt-and-vinegar-potatoes/
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 9/15/14?? by Trixxee (Here's the exact rec...)
Baked blueberry French toast tonight.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 9/15/14?? by losblanos1 (Baked blueberry Fren...)
We are going to have a C@H staple

German Style Steak (Salisbury) with a Beer Gravy and Mashed Potatoes with Parsnips and Bacon

I'll sautee some cabbage on the side for a veggie. I can't wait! Fall is in the air and this meal will be perfect for it.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 9/15/14?? by luvnit (We are going to have...)
another day when everything sounds wonderful....and, I'm having hotdogs?????????????????????
www.achefsjourney.com