Tuesday's Dinner, 9/16/14??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

We're exploring around Des Moines today, so no idea where/what we'll do.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 9/16/14?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
It is just so dang hot here - kitchen never cooled down last night. I think we're just going to have pastrami sandwiches and ice cream.
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 9/16/14?? by Trixxee (It is just so dang h...)
Today it's going to be BBQ pulled pork sandwiches with the bourbon BBQ sauce from the coke brined chicken recipe.
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 9/16/14?? by losblanos1 (Today it's going to ...)
We're having pulled pork sandwiches here, too! Coleslaw and tator tots on the side.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 9/16/14?? by Mare749 (We're having pulled ...)
I'm doing spaghetti.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 9/16/14?? by Gourmet_Mom (I'm doing spaghetti....)
And we're doing a variation on spaghetti....Cincinnati Chili. I've had a long two days, so freezer diving won!
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 9/16/14?? by karyn (And we're doing a va...)
[blockquote]Quote:

And we're doing a variation on spaghetti....Cincinnati Chili. I've had a long two days, so freezer diving won! [/quote

"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 9/16/14?? by karyn (And we're doing a va...)
We had to take Opie to the vet this afternoon (unexpectedly) so I didn't get my prep done before we left (and before work) - but I've only got 1 hour 45 mins to go till I'm off. Short day (Opie is fine)

Tonight is chili verde with pinto beans, tortillas, & salsa. In thinking about it, I think we'll grill the chops, tomatillos, and onions first for more flavor. I'm using roasted Hatch chiles for the sauce.

I was discussing dinner plans with one of our other work campers who seems to be a bit of a know it all about food and cooking. I mentioned that I had thawed some nice pork chops to cut up for the chili verde. He informed me that chili is always made with beef - never pork! I said nothing and listened as he described his "famous" curry chicken (diced boneless, skinless breasts from Costco only), onions, some "spices", cream of mushroom soup, mayo all mixed and put in a baking dish, topped with a pound of cheddar cheese and breadcrumbs - baked for 45 minutes. That's his kids favorite dinner . . . next to fillet mignon ya know! I said nothing.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 9/16/14?? by Harborwitch (We had to take Opie ...)
Grilling some chicken. But the fun project is I'm putting up Kimchi today. Cabbage is wilting, paste and veggies are ready.
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 9/16/14?? by DFen911 (Grilling some chicke...)
Okay, since no one picked up on it yet, I will go ahead and ask the question....Did you visit Cuisine Magazine's home office today???
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."