Wednesday's Dinner, 9/17/14??
  Re: (...)
Good morning, finally, everyone! What's on the menu for all today??

Have a lot of cooking/prepping to do, so not sure what we'll end up eating.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 9/17/14?? by cjs (Good morning, finall...)
It's my Friday . . . I'm still pretty much gluten and dairy free . . . sheesh. Perhaps I will do some meatballs in a doro wat sauce and injeera - just have to see how the day goes.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 9/17/14?? by Harborwitch (It's my Friday . . ....)
Geez, Sharon, that sounds rough. Are you feeling better at least? I went bread free one time for six months. I lost a few pounds and did have a bit more energy, but not enough to do it again.

I have chicken quarters brining and they will go on the grill later. We will be having the leftover roasted potatoes that I mentioned the other day and didn't get around to until yesterday. Oh my, there were just amazing! Nice and creamy on the inside, really crispy on the outside, and just the right amount of vinegar. Can't do these too often; we were little piggies. Will add a side of roasted brussels.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 9/17/14?? by Mare749 (Geez, Sharon, that s...)
Gluten and dairy free sounds like a tough way to live, Sharon! I've never tried it...

We're having Grilled Chicken with Garlicky Green Sauce. I just saw it on my newsfeed this morning and it sounded good and easy. I'll probably serve it with rice pilaf and grilled veggies.
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 9/17/14?? by karyn (Gluten and dairy fre...)
Old school ground beef tacos. Still stifling hot here.
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 9/17/14?? by Trixxee (Old school ground be...)
Just a light soup and orechiette, or whatever leftovers you can find. Time to clean out the fridge!
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 9/17/14?? by luvnit (Just a light soup an...)
Now this one is really off the wall!!! we had steak leftover and I had some Pillsbury rolls.

BBQ Beef Bread Pudding (can't think of what else to call it)

l/o steak, about 4-6 oz. (~1 cup)
1/2 cup diced onion
1/2 T. minced Jalapeno (seeds/membrane left in/on)
I had 1/2 a baked potato leftover over, but not needed.
1/2-3/4 cup BBQ sauce (I had Masterpiece - original)
3 Pillsbury Grands Hoemstyle refrigerated original or buttermilk buicuit (I just baked the other five off for sandwiches later)
3-4 oz. cheese (I had mozz, jack, cheddar)
----------
tomato slices
shredded lettuce

Sauté onions, jalapeno (and potatoes if you have) until onion is soft.
Transfer to a large bowl; add and toss with BBQ sauce.

Remove 3 biscuits from container (save others for baking) and cut each into 8 pieces. Gently toss the biscuit pieces with the beef/BBQ sauce mixture.

Spray a casserole dish with cooking spray and dump the beef/biscuit mix into the dish. Top with the shredded cheese and bake at 350 for 30 to 40 minutes, making sure the biscuits are cooked thru.
[Image: Sept17BBQBeefBreadPUdding1_zps82d61acb.jpg]
[Image: Sept17BBQBeefBreadPuddingplated1_zpseebfdd93.jpg]

This was delicious!! (who'd a thunk it? )
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 9/17/14?? by cjs (Now this one is real...)
It looks delicious Jean!

I'm making pork carnita tacos for dinner.
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 9/17/14?? by losblanos1 (It looks delicious J...)
That looks so good! It does sound weird, but I'd eat it!

It's been a busy crazy week of meeting and getting home late. Wednesday I did Country Fried Steak with mashers and peas. I've been craving it lately.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.