T.G.I.F. Dinner, 9/19/14??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

It's supposed to be ~84° (sorry Blane, still raining there??) - so I'm grilling a steak; not sure what else.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 9/19/14?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
It's not raining at the moment, grey, cloudy skies. It's suppose to hit 83 on Sunday.

Steak here also with a brandy mushroom sauce and asparagus if it's still good, it's been in the fridge all week.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 9/19/14?? by losblanos1 (It's not raining at ...)
Hey there, lucky us with the weather!! Hawks play at home, don't they? Which means no way can we see that game when K.C. is playing at the same time. oh well, still football.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 9/19/14?? by cjs (Hey there, lucky us ...)
Coincidentally I think it's supposed to be 84 here as well.

Well, we are either going out for sushi or I am making this salad, but with quinoa instead of bulgur. A friend made it yesterday and she said the orange basil dressing was delicious.

http://www.foodandwine.com/recipes/chick...th-avocado
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 9/19/14?? by Trixxee (Coincidentally I thi...)
Well, no steak for me - I had to clean the freezer of cheese curds, Poutine gravy, l/0 French fries.....so guess what I HAD TO MAKE!

Poutine Nbr. 2 and the very last one- ever.
[Image: Sept19Poutinenbr2wchardonnay_zps7c5496b7.jpg]

Been there, done that and never again, but darn this is a good dish and I finally got it right.

Another dish I made this a.m. to go with the steak that we're not having.... Honey-Glazed veggies. I picked up (days ago) a hubbard squash and a huge daikon and both needed to be used. Also, my tomatillos and red onion. I'm afraid there will be none left for a side dish the way we're picking at them.
[Image: Sept19HoneyGlazedVeggiestobake_zps364d6cd3.jpg]

So later, maybe a piece of bologna, cornichons and crackers.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 9/19/14?? by cjs (Well, no steak for m...)
Yesterday was ROADTRIP to Oregon and a stop at Costco. That meant a rotisserie chicken and a wonderful Asian chopped salad. We had the leftovers tonight with a Pear Gorgonzola dressing. Lazy dinner tonight . . . tomorrow I cook!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 9/19/14?? by Harborwitch (Yesterday was ROADTR...)
Tapas. Needed to use up leftovers.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 9/19/14?? by Mare749 (Tapas. Needed to use...)
We had leftovers. Or as Maryann referred to it as tapas! That sounds better!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 9/19/14?? by Gourmet_Mom (We had leftovers. O...)
a heck of a lot better!!
www.achefsjourney.com