Wednesday's Dinner, 9/24/14??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

I'm looking thru the new (I hope it is anyway) soup book that I picked up at C@H. I have dibs and dabs of things to throw in.

By the way, the 'cheap & dirty' method (using liquid smoke) and baking the pork belly for bacon didn't work. I ended up with a great flavored pork belly, but not bacon. Shoot, I had high hopes for this. Guess it's back to buying bacon for the rest of the trip.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 9/24/14?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
I am trying a new recipe - a chile relleno casserole. I am going to replace one third of the ground beef with ground chorizo to punch up the flavor a little.

A need something I can assemble and pop in the oven with no fuss because I have to juggle homework and hosting an online horse racing contest at the same time. Oh, and run over to the park to feed the one eyed jack rabbit that my neighbor usually brings shredded carrots to. Bunny likes to eat at 5:30 sharp. LOL. You literally whistle for him and he comes out.
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 9/24/14?? by Trixxee (I am trying a new re...)
Well, this is a first for me - humans trained by a rabbit!!!

Well, didn't find anything in the C@H book for a soup, so turning to a little number from a book called Black Beans & Corn........ Deviled Chicken Soup.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 9/24/14?? by cjs (Well, this is a firs...)
Why does "hare brained" come to mind . . . ? LOL? That's a joke BTW.

I'm not sure here. I want to make an Eggplant & Goat Cheese Lasagna (still watching gluten & dairy) - it sounds so good.

But Bob grabbed a couple of New York Strip steaks last night and we have beautiful potatoes that were fresh out of the ground a few days ago to bake and either way a spinach salad with pears. I guess it all depends on whether or not the kitchen is functional tonight.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 9/24/14?? by Harborwitch (Why does "hare brain...)
Trixxee, your chili relleno casserole sounds delicious, as does everything else people are making today.

I'm busy running errands before we head out of town tomorrow. Currently, I'm sitting at the car dealer getting my car serviced. Therefore, I needed a slow-cooker recipe. I decided to give Slow-Cooker Chicken and Mushroom Farro Risotto a try. I'm hoping we like it!
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 9/24/14?? by karyn (Trixxee, your chili ...)
Sounds good, Karyn.
Well, who knew this silly Spam Victory Buns dish would be so tasty!!
[Image: Sept24VictorySpamBuns_zpsa7b08cbd.jpg]

Spam Victory Buns
www.achefsjourney.com