Hello from a missing forum member
  Re: (...)
Oh, what a long, strange trip it's been...

I can't remember the last time I was on the CAH forum, but it has been many, many months. Amazingly enough, I stopped all but the most basic cooking, and no entertaining, so I just kind of faded away from the cooking forums that I frequented. Until now.

Building a new house 6 hours away was, in hindsight, biting off quite a bit more than I (well, we), could chew. We took possession in February, and the past several months have been hectic since we're doing this first part of the moving process ourselves. Around the 4th of July, it seemed that our friends and relatives remembered that we now had a house at the beach so each trip since then has consisted of packing and hauling a trailer, then unloading, prepping for guests, cleaning up after guests, and driving back to PA.

Yes, a bit exhausting, but I realized how much I missed cooking for my friends over the year that the house was being built. So I'll be popping in here a lot more often, looking for inspiration. DH is also looking for somewhat more creative meals, and although that won't be happening every night for the foreseeable future, I want to get out of the "quick dinner" rut that I have found myself in.

We are now finishing up some projects on our farm house, in preparation for putting that "for sale" sign on the front yard. I had hoped that this would happen this past summer, but there were tradespeople to find and hire, plus a lot of projects that DH and I needed to finally get done. Maybe in a couple of weeks, it will be official.

So, after all of this, I guess that I should say that I am glad to be back here, and ready to be inspired! And it's good to see all of the familiar names, as well!

Oh, and thanks to all of you who chimed in when I asked about appliances those many months ago-- I have to say that the convection microwave has been my favorite new "toy" in my new kitchen!
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: Hello from a missing forum member by foodfiend (Oh, what a long, str...)
It's so good to hear an update Vicci! We love our convection microwave and use it a lot as well. We're in the midst of a master bathroom remodel that was supposed to last a month....we'll be entering week 8 on Monday. I can't imagine the stress of building a home remotely. I hope you love the results and are able to enjoy your new home.

Welcome back!
  Re: Re: Hello from a missing forum member by karyn (It's so good to hear...)
Welcome back! So happy to hear that things are going well.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Hello from a missing forum member by labradors (Welcome back! So hap...)
Welcome back, Vicci. You certainly have been busy and what a lot of work and stress besides. Hope you love your new home and that it won't be long before you can just relax and enjoy it.

I'm glad you are going to be cooking again. I miss your recipes.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Hello from a missing forum member by Mare749 (Welcome back, Vicci....)
So happy to see your name.
Here's to good food and good recipes. Welcome back.

Marye
Everything will be all right in the end. So if it is not right, then it's not yet the end.
  Re: Re: Hello from a missing forum member by mjkcooking (So happy to see your...)
Welcome back, Vicci!! You have been missed. You and Roxanne showing up again in the same month, how great to see you both back in the neighborhood.

Lots of new dishes for you to catch up on and I'll bet when you're ready, you'll be inspired. Also, hope you have added the sign in your kitchen - "Let them help" so you don't work yourself crazy.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Hello from a missing forum member by foodfiend (Oh, what a long, str...)
Beach? Jersey Shore? Wow, what a long drive for you! But, if you're going to sell your homestead to move there permanently, Good For You!

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Hello from a missing forum member by BarbaraS (Beach? Jersey Shore...)
WOW vicci----what a challenge you are undertaking. Now try that from about 10,000 miles away. We built our home here from Massachusetts and fortunately we had the best contractor. How naive we were....but all ended well with a few hiccups along the journey.

You MUST insist on your guests to bring along some of the menu....you are CRAZY to accept the total responsibility with everything else you are dealing with. But, I guess I would do the same....shmuck that I am .

I see that we are missing a few other wayward children...Erin, farmfan, pj cooks, off the top of my head.

Welcome back, vicci.
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Hello from a missing forum member by Roxanne 21 (WOW vicci----what a ...)
Yes, I wish more old friends would come back to the fold.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Hello from a missing forum member by cjs (Yes, I wish more old...)
Welcome back, Vicci! You've had quite a journey! I agree with Jean that is is great to have you and Roxanne back at about the same time! I look forward to hearing all the great things going on in your lives, and hardships as well!

I also miss the others. But at least I get to keep up with some of them on FaceBook.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.