Thursday's Dinner, 9/25/14??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

Supposed to be sunny again today, so I think I'll do a steak and spaghetti squash with some pesto sauce of some kind.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Thursday's Dinner, 9/25/14?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
We are heading out to play. Will be stopping at a farmer's market, so dinner will be whatever we bring home. Since we will be out in "Amish country" will probably have a pretty substantial lunch out there and won't need much for dinner.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 9/25/14?? by Mare749 (We are heading out t...)
One of the nicest dinners we've had for a while - nothing fancy. Just a grilled steak and pesto tossed spaghetti squash with 7 Deadly Zins and Sweet [censored] (sorry 'Bit(h) Pinot Grigio - both excellent.

And, yes, I a m converted from ONLY seasoning steaks with s&p - I used Tony chachere's Creole seasoning and one of the best steaks I've tasted.
[Image: Sept25ChacheresRubbedStkandPestoSpaghett...88f7f3.jpg]

for an on the road dinner, this one can't be beat, I don't think.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 9/25/14?? by cjs (One of the nicest di...)
Jean that spaghetti squash looks delish. We got two spaghetti squash from our plant this year - the deer at the majority of the plant. I have lots of basil so maybe very very soon. Tony will be your best friend. He makes a full line of products that are awesome! The onions were amazing!

Tonight is the Eggplant and Goat Cheese Lasagna and a salad. I am hoping that the goat cheese works for me. The fruit stand had beautiful eggplant so I had do this!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 9/25/14?? by Harborwitch (Jean that spaghetti ...)
Glad you liked them (the onions) - we sure did.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 9/25/14?? by cjs (Glad you liked them ...)
Oh gosh that steak and squash looks good. I'm going to somehow try to remember that and the onions.
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 9/25/14?? by Trixxee (Oh gosh that steak a...)
I was so exhausted and back hurts tremendously, so I picked out burgers and pasta salad. That way the boys could do dinner. UGH!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 9/25/14?? by Gourmet_Mom (I was so exhausted a...)
Hope you feel better quickly, Daphne.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 9/25/14?? by cjs (Hope you feel better...)
Thanks, Jean. I was supposed to help pack meals for Stop Hunger Now this morning, but standing for 4-5 hours didn't seem like the best way to recover. So resting up and grading papers is a better way to go.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 9/25/14?? by Gourmet_Mom (Thanks, Jean. I was...)
Ouch! Back pain is no fun. Heal quickly, Daphne.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?