Key Lime Pie
  Re: (...)
A few days ago some of you were talking about 'real' key lime pie. When we were in Carrabelle, Florida in 2013, Valentine's day, we had this pie and it was so good.

But, I don't know if this recipe is what you 'natives' would call authentic, so I'm posting it for you to see and/or test. I have not made it myself yet, but it was sure one of the best I've tasted (which is not too many).

Trisha’s (at Carrabelle River Marina) Key Lime Pie

I have not made this pie yet, but we did have it at the restaurant and loved it. I want to garnish it with a reduction of some sort like the first slice we had. Here are pictures of the two pies and I loved the sauce of the first one, but the flavor/texture of the pie of the 2nd. “They” would only say it was a commercial sauce that was added. So, something to play with.

9 inch graham cracker crust
2 1/2 cups sweetened condensed milk
1/2 cup evaporated milk
1/2 cup sour cream
3/4 cup key lime juice
1 Tbs grated lime zest

1. Preheat oven to 350°F.

2. Combine all ingredients, stir and pour into pie shell. Bake 5 to 8 minutes, Do not Brown.

3. Chill thoroughly before serving.

Author Notes
Feb 14, 2013 had this on Valentine's day in Carrabelle, FL at the River Marina
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Key Lime Pie by cjs (A few days ago some ...)
I would try that recipe for sure. The one I used was from the condensed milk company and I was not that thrilled with it. Have had much better key lime pie when traveling in the south.

The best key lime pie we have ever tried was at The Crab House, which is down in Daphne's neck of the woods.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Key Lime Pie by Mare749 (I would try that rec...)
good to know, Maryann

Lots on the list to eat in Daphne's neighborhood!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Key Lime Pie by cjs (good to know, Maryan...)
This looks really good! I'd give it a try. The trick will be finding the key limes or juice.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Key Lime Pie by cjs (A few days ago some ...)
I have a most incredible key lime pie recipe....EVERY guy that I serve it to wants to have it again and again---notice that they do not want the recipe for the wife I will post if any one is interested?
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Key Lime Pie by Roxanne 21 (I have a most incred...)
Please do, Roxanne, I'd love to compare to the one I posted which I have tasted and loved.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Key Lime Pie by cjs (Please do, Roxanne, ...)
Yes, please, and thank you, Roxanne!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Key Lime Pie by Mare749 (Yes, please, and tha...)
Yes, please Roxanne!

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Key Lime Pie by BarbaraS (Yes, please Roxanne!...)
Roxanne better not disappear on us here.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Key Lime Pie by cjs (Roxanne better not d...)
I PROMISE to post it....hopefully tonight or tomorrow. Running around trying to keep Peter organized with his upcoming shooting competitions

I PROMISE!!!!!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy