For those who hate cilantro
  Re: (...)
Of course, I love cilantro, but I do know that some people say it tastes like soap, to them, so this story is especially for those people.

Last week (forgot to post this at the time), my mom and I had tacos. My mom made her salsa, but asked me to try it because she thought it didn't taste right and maybe the cilantro (which had been left over in the fridge from some other use) was bad.

Well, I didn't even need to taste it, since I could already see what had happened: in the process of preparing the salsa and moving it out of the way to another part of the counter, she had slid the bowl under the spout of the battery-powered, automatic, no-touch hand-soap dispenser, thus squirting liquid soap directly into the salsa. Of course, with her ears, she hadn't heard the motor of the dispenser, but I had heard it from the other room. When I asked if she had just used the soap, she said, "No," so that confirmed it.

Fortunately, we had a jar of Herdez Salsa Casera, so we didn't have to have tacos without salsa.

LOL!
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: For those who hate cilantro by labradors (Of course, I love ci...)
Poor 'mom' first legitimate reason for it tasting like soap that I've heard.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Labs, it's nice to have you and your fairy tales safely back home!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: For those who hate cilantro by cjs (Poor 'mom' first leg...)
Quote:

Poor 'mom' first legitimate reason for it tasting like soap that I've heard.

LOL! We had one of those dispensers and I loved it - but it was a mess in the motorhome - if anything passed in front of the sensor it squirted soap. More soap on the counter than ever touched a human hand.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: For those who hate cilantro by Harborwitch ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Funny story! And Sharon, I almost spit my drink out while reading your post!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: For those who hate cilantro by Gourmet_Mom (Funny story! And Sh...)
Tracie gave me one and I love it. Haven't mis- hit it yet!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Oh, that's too funny!!

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: For those who hate cilantro by BarbaraS (Oh, that's too funny...)
How funny!

I do adore cilantro, but DH only tolerates it. So I will add a little to the food, but chop extra to pile on for me!
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: Re: For those who hate cilantro by foodfiend (How funny![br][br]I ...)
We have learned to like it. Our first experience was a salsa that had an overpowering amount. It has taken years to get us to include it in dishes!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: For those who hate cilantro by Gourmet_Mom (We have learned to l...)
The more the better! Love it!!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".