Tuesday's Dinner, 9/30/14??
  Re: (...)
Another month flew by!! What's on the menu for everyone today?

We finally went for K.C. ribs yesterday and brought home some take out to supplement our doggie bag of cole slaw and mac & cheese. Burnt end pieces (finally found some outstanding one - tender, juicy and not lumps of coal!) and baked beans. So, this is dinner with a good zin!

Stopped at McGonigle's Meat Market - a real landmark here in K.C. and bought way to many things for our little freezer, so no more eating out for a while!

A rack of baby backs, duck confit, K.C. strip steak, ground chuck & sirloin to blend, 2 BBQ sauces - Arthur Bryant's (local restaurant and I have a copy cat recipe for their sauce to compare) and Blues Hog, which the butcher highly recommended.

Fun time in my kitchen for a while. And, I'm lagging behind in making 'state' food - I still need to make Maid Rites, so now I have the burger for making.

Oh, and a bottle of Woop Woop Shiraz - we had it somewhere on this trip and really liked it.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 9/30/14?? by cjs (Another month flew b...)
Tony said I could go ahead and buy a honey baked ham so before he changes his mind I will run to that store today. Asparagus and au gratin potatoes on the side.
  Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 9/30/14?? by cjs (Another month flew b...)
Jean, how will you serve the duck confit? Burnt ends? Ron would be so envious.

Dinner tonight will be something with l/o rotisserie chicken. Ron saw his folks yesterday and they handed him a chicken because they had purchased two. We didn't use it because I had dinner already made. So, I'm thinking tetrazzini...chicken salad...pot pie...soup...?
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 9/30/14?? by Mare749 (Jean, how will you s...)
BBQ'd Chicken pizza??????????????????????

Not sure what I'll do with the confit yet - it was frozen, so I have some time to think.

The burnt ends will just be heated and served with 3 sauces, B. Beans, coleslaw and l/o mac & cheese. WHEW!! What a feast it will be.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 9/30/14?? by cjs (BBQ'd Chicken pizza?...)
I'm making a new one today, old fashioned chicken noodle soup with salami-apple grilled cheese sandwiches.
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 9/30/14?? by Trixxee (Tony said I could go...)
Lamb chops with a zucchini side. Glucose levels are becoming stable

Peter loves a baked ham---on the menu soon!! Au gratin potatoes???? YUMMMMMM!!!!!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 9/30/14?? by cjs (BBQ'd Chicken pizza?...)
I'm not sure. I have some leftover chicken from our grilled chicken. I have some ground beef. I'm thinking something with the chicken - something Mexican?

I made 2 Texas Apple Jalapeno pies today so dinner is coming together in my mind.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 9/30/14?? by Harborwitch (I'm not sure. I hav...)
Grilled burgers here. I'm not feeling very inspired to cook right now.