Saturday's Dinner, 10/4/14??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

We're exploring the area today - wow, what a difference in temps from 2 days ago. Have to finally put the shorts away for a while............ darn.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Saturday's Dinner, 10/4/14?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Rough week at work, had to be in for testing at 4 am Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday, and then to top it off on Friday with a medical "procedure" which caused absolutely no sleep Thursday night. But I won't have to go through THAT again for another 10 years.

Taking it easy with Mac 'n Cheese and Kielbasa tonight.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 10/4/14?? by BarbaraS (Rough week at work, ...)
Going to an awards banquet tonight so dinner is lasagna. I'll stick to the salads most likely since I am not a lasagna fan and that is way too much cheese for this gal

Gosh Barbara I sure hope your schedule mellows out a bit!
  Re: Saturday's Dinner, 10/4/14?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Japanese pork cutlets with a broccolini side. The recipe shows to serve with rice but no can do...Issue 32. GREAT recipe.

I have noticed a later issue with chicken which I have not tried but would be interested to know if any one else has.
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 10/4/14?? by Roxanne 21 (Japanese pork cutlet...)
That is a great recipe Roxanne.

CA is making the ropa vieja stew, can't wait.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 10/4/14?? by losblanos1 (That is a great reci...)
We have leftover chicken, so may use that. It was so good, we will probably just let it come up to room temp and pick at it or put it on a romaine salad.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 10/4/14?? by Mare749 (We have leftover chi...)
An old standby - chicken breasts stuffed with goat cheese, basil and scallions. Brussels sprouts or carrots, and yellow rice.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 10/4/14?? by Trixxee (An old standby - chi...)
Oh Blane, we love that AND the side with it!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 10/4/14?? by cjs (Oh Blane, we love th...)
The weather turned cold and windy so we're having Orecchiette della Nonna. I'm serving it with a shaved Brussels sprouts salad.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 10/4/14?? by karyn (The weather turned c...)
I copied that one, Karyn! Looks delicious!

I had planned to do either Lasagna Soup or French Onion Salisbury Steak, but I'm not sure, yet. We'll see!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.