A Good Lasagna Pan?
  Re: (...)
Hey All,

My sister in Scotland called me today asking for the recipe to the 8-layer Lasagna with Béchamel Sauce from Issue #43. I asked earlier about a recipe for Italian Sausage as she cannot get this in Edinburgh and saved that in my Word documents to send along.

I suspect she does not have a Lasagna Pan at least 3" high to cook this dish she and her Hubby fell in love with, so I'm making a "Care" package, unbeknownst to her, and have probed her for a list of ingredients she may not be able to get, to send along.

But my main concern is the pan. I have a Mario Batali pan that I love, but America's Test Kitchen poo-poo'd it. I love the way it cooks evenly, but it also weighs 11 lbs unfilled. We're talking shipment weight here, but it's my sister, so whatever.

What do you all recommend for a Lasagna pan for your 8-layer lasagna? And remember, it has to be at least 3" deep.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: A Good Lasagna Pan? by BarbaraS (Hey All, [br][br]My ...)
Barbara, have you thought about sending a bunch of those foil pans? She'd have to set it on a sheet pan, but it would be really light for shipping.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: A Good Lasagna Pan? by Gourmet_Mom (Barbara, have you th...)
That's the first thing I thought of with maybe an I.O.U. note along with it telling her you have a replacement (really good pan) for her next time she's here and she can put it in her luggage?????

As long as she doesn't bake the dish on the lowest rack of her oven (to prevent scorching), I think she would be good to go with an inexpensive lighter weight pan.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: A Good Lasagna Pan? by Gourmet_Mom (Barbara, have you th...)
Great idea Daphne!! And a good tip about baking, Jean!! Thanks you two!

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: A Good Lasagna Pan? by BarbaraS (Great idea Daphne!! ...)
I use the foil 1/2 pans for this recipe.

Now I just order the 1/3 pans and lids (they are 4" deep). Been meaning to do that.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: A Good Lasagna Pan? by luvnit (I use the foil 1/2 p...)

What are 1/2 pans and 1/3 pans??

Barbara

ETA: Okay, never mind. I saw your post in the Lasagna Review thread. Doh!!