Wednesday's Dinner, 10/8/14??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

I have a K.C. strip steak thawing and making C@H's Mediterranean Chickpea, couscous and feta salad (my take on it).
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 10/8/14?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Fish tacos using Trader Joe's beer battered fish bites. I have been taking a lot of short cuts this school year.
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 10/8/14?? by Trixxee (Fish tacos using Tra...)
Chicken piccata with asparagus.

Huge three day shooting competition starting tomorrow.....tired before we even begin

Should be fun though....
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 10/8/14?? by Roxanne 21 (Chicken piccata with...)
Good luck and Roxanne, we'd love to see some pictures of the competition.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 10/8/14?? by cjs (Good luck and Roxann...)
Tonight it's a new recipe, hot beef poutine sandwiches from one of the Cuisine for Two cook books. Safeway actually had cheese curd.
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 10/8/14?? by losblanos1 (Tonight it's a new r...)
Watch out, you'll be addicted!

And, decided to add another of those grilled onion halves '- on the grill and is it ever smelling gooooood!
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 10/8/14?? by cjs (Watch out, you'll be...)
I decided to make the Butternut-Squash Fettuccine with frizzled prosciutto from the current issue, but have already made too many substitutions to give it a proper review, so it's my own made-up version.

Blane, I really like that Cooking for Two book. Haven't tried the poutine yet, so you will have to let us know how you like it.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 10/8/14?? by Mare749 (I decided to make th...)
Will do, Maryann. Does anyone know if you can wash/rinse cheese curd without affecting it? The curd that I bought is in a light herb/olive oil marinade.
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 10/8/14?? by losblanos1 (Will do, Maryann. Do...)
I'm no cheese curd expert--I had them for the first time when we were in Milwaukee a few weeks ago--but given the texture, I don't think rinsing them will hurt them at all. I LOVE how they squeak when you eat them!

We're having leftover pizza tonight. It's been a really busy day and we decided to take the lazy way out!
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 10/8/14?? by karyn (I'm no cheese curd e...)
Feeling tired and a late teacher's meeting...four stops later, I reach home at 5:20. Raced in to put on pot roast on for BG for her Birthday Dinner request...three hours cooking? Also whipped up a pot of chili for an event at school tomorrow.

Pot roast with mashers and peas is dinner.

Dinner was great, Chili should be awesome, but the kitchen is a wreck! Too tired to deal with it. UGH! But I got it all done.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.