Question - an eRecipe??
  Re: (...)
I looked at an eRecipe on my ipad a few days ago and saved it as a reminder to go to it on my computer.

It's for Pork Ragu - did anyone happen to save it? Now, I can't get it on my laptop.

Don't tell me to highlight/copy/paste/email - I've tried and tried on ipad and I can't do it.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Question - an eRecipe?? by cjs (I looked at an eReci...)
Jean. I've looked too and cannot find.
Everything will be all right in the end. So if it is not right, then it's not yet the end.
  Re: Re: Question - an eRecipe?? by mjkcooking (Jean. I've looked t...)
Here is "a" pork ragu recipe. Not sure if it is "the" pork ragu recipe. It sounds good to me - different than what I usually think of as a ragu.

http://www.cuisinerecipes.com/2014/10/02/pork-ragu/2/
  Re: Re: Question - an eRecipe?? by Trixxee (Here is "a" pork rag...)
Jean - I was still able to get in.

Pork Ragu
A ragu is an Italian meat-based sauce that's usually made with ground meats like beef or pork. If you don't like pork, substitute beef pot roast.
Makes: 8 servings (5 cups pork); Total time: 8–9 hours (low)

FOR THE PORK, HEAT:
2 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
1 bone-in pork shoulder, trimmed, seasoned with salt and black pepper (3–4 lb.)
FOR THE BROTH, SAUTÉ:
1 medium onion, cut into chunks
4 ribs celery, cut into chunks
2 small fennel bulbs, cored and cut into chunks
ADD:
3 cups low-sodium chicken broth
3 sprigs fresh thyme
For the pork, heat 1 Tbsp. oil in a sauté pan over medium-high. Sear pork on all sides until browned, 2–3 minutes per side. Transfer pork to a 4- to 6-qt. slow cooker.
For the broth, sauté onion, celery, and fennel in remaining 1 Tbsp. oil in same pan over medium-high heat until softened, 5–7 minutes. Transfer vegetables to slow cooker.
Add broth and thyme to slow cooker. Cover slow cooker and cook on high setting, 4–5 hours or low setting, 8–9 hours. Transfer pork to a plate and shred when cool enough to handle; discard the bone. Strain liquid from slow cooker into large pot to cook the pasta for the Rocket Pasta, if desired.
- See more at: http://www.cuisinerecipes.com/2014/10/02...h.rn7DpHHr.dpuf Slow cooker Pork Ragu <a href="" ></a> Slow Cooker Port Ragu
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: Question - an eRecipe?? by Trixxee (Here is "a" pork rag...)
Hi Jean, I'm sure this is not what you saw, but it is the best I've had.

PORK RAGOUT

This can also be made using canned tomatoes, drained and chopped. The original herb in the recipe was thyme, which was also good, and I have also made it with a combination of sage and rosemary that was fantastic. If you have no Crème Fraiche heavy cream will do, but the Crème Fraiche makes a difference.

I have also made delicious variations on this using veal, and various types of dried mushrooms

5 stars -

Oven Temperature: 300°F

Servings: 6

Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Cooking Time: 2 hours
Inactive Time: 48 hours
Total Time: 50 hours and 30 minutes

5 lb. boneless pork shoulder, cut in 1 ½ in. cubes
4 tsps. kosher salt
4 tsps. fresh sage
4 tsps. fresh rosemary, minced
¼ tsp. allspice
6 2-3 clove(s) garlic; chopped
¼ cup olive oil
4 cup cup(s) onions; thinly sliced
1 cup dry white vermouth
3 cup ½-2 cup(s) fresh tomatoes; peeled, seeded, chopped
4 cup cremini or white mushrooms
2 tsp. lemon juice
½ cup water
2 TBS. butter
¼ tsp. salt
4 ½-2 TBS. cornstarch
¼ cup white wine
½ cup parsley (fresh), chopped
½ cup Crème Fraîche OR heavy cream

A. Combine the salt, allspice, herbs, and garlic in a mortar and pound to a paste. Combine with the meat in a stainless or ceramic bowl and mix to coat the meat. Press a pieces of plastic wrap onto the surface, cover the bowl, and refrigerate for 2 days.

B. Preheat oven to 300 degrees. If pork has exuded juices pat it dry before browning. Heat a large skillet or sauté pan over med-high heat, add oil, and brown the meat on all sides, removing pieces to a casserole as they are browned and adding another, until all are browned. If much fat cooked out, remove most of it (I usually have to add more oil as I go, meat has gotten so lean). When meat is all browned, add the onions and cook several minutes, until lightly browned. Deglaze the pan with the vermouth, and pour into the casserole. Add tomatoes, mix well, and bring to a simmer. Cover and place in oven. Bake 1 ¼-1 ½ hrs., stirring a few times, until meat is tender.

C. Meanwhile, prepare mushrooms: wash and quarter them - if very large (2" or more) cut into sixths. Place in a small saucepan with the lemon juice, water, butter, and a pinch of salt. Bring to a simmer, cover, and simmer 3 min. Pour liquid into casserole, and set mushrooms aside. Combine the starch and wine and set aside.

When meat is done, skim off any fat (if much cooked off), mix the starch/wine well, and pour most of it in, stirring until thickened, adding the rest if needed. Add mushrooms, and simmer, several minutes, stirring frequently. Off heat, stir in the Crème Fraiche, and serve, sprinkled with parsley, and with plenty of freshly baked bread, to soak up the sauce.

Recipe Type: ALINA'S ADAPTATION, Crème Fraîche, Main Dish, Pork

Author: Dave Cook's Illustrated Board
Source: Adapted from From Julia Child's Kitchen
Web Page: http://www.americastestkitchen.com/ibb/p...p=1#175146
  Re: Re: Question - an eRecipe?? by Cubangirl (Hi Jean, I'm sure th...)
Oh Piddle - now I have three to try..................

Thanks everyone - all are copied.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com