Saturday's Dinner, 10/11/14??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

We're having Baked Walleye with onions & bacon and smashed tatoes.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Saturday's Dinner, 10/11/14?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Oh, I'm really jealous, Jean. We love walleye.

No cooking for me today. Ron is gone for the day and I'm going to volleyball games, so soup and salad will be about it.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 10/11/14?? by Mare749 (Oh, I'm really jealo...)
Yippee! CA is cooking dinner tonight. A new recipe, layered steak salad with feta vinaigrette.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 10/11/14?? by losblanos1 (Yippee! CA is cookin...)
Subject to change: grilled boneless teriyaki thighs and scallion pancakes.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 10/11/14?? by Trixxee (Subject to change: ...)
I want the recipe for Feta vinaigrette, please................... sounds so good~
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 10/11/14?? by cjs (I want the recipe fo...)
That vinaigrette does sound really good!

I'm digging around for what to take to Homecoming meal at church tomorrow....having trouble deciding, so haven't even thought about dinner. I'd love to do steak so I have an excuse to make those grilled onions, but beef is so high now! I'll figure it out later.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 10/11/14?? by Gourmet_Mom (That vinaigrette doe...)
Something with shrimp and wine as Saturday is sort of "date nite". For lunch I have planned a Brie with salami, wine and some olives in homemade dressing. Usually have a homemade bread too, but I can't believe I ran out of flour. It seems impossible. darn I miss my mind !
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 10/11/14?? by farnfam (Something with shrim...)
Hello, Cis!!

Daphne, they are wonderful with burger patties, too!!!
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 10/11/14?? by cjs (Hello, Cis!![br][br]...)
Crisp-Skin High-Roast Butterflied Chicken with Potatoes and Jean's Lemon-Blackberry Mini Tarts. Oh boy that tart filling tastes soooo good! And I've got some compound butter hardening in the freezer.

Jean, you do put the blackberry jam/lemon juice mixture OVER the blackberries? Just curious about that. I'm excited! The crusts came out pretty good, I think. They shrunk from the top edge a bit, but they look pretty good. Any suggestions about the shrinkage factor? And no, I'm not referring to that Seinfeld episode about you know what.

And hey! What about that Feta vinaigrette. Can you sub Bleu Cheese?

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 10/11/14?? by cjs (Hello, Cis!![br][br]...)
I wound up splurging on steak! WOOOHOOO! I'm going to surprise William with the onions! Can't wait! We'll do burgers next time.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.