Sunday Dinner, 10/12/14??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

I made a Slow Cooker Sunday Sauce yesterday - an old F&W recipe for a couple of spaghetti dinners.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Sunday Dinner, 10/12/14?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
A new recipe today, Texas style chili with seasoned steak fries and Jack cheese sauce.
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 10/12/14?? by losblanos1 (A new recipe today, ...)
[Image: Oct12ChickenQuesadilla_zps7ea580e2.jpg]

Been a while since we've had a champagne brunch! And, it was so good. Leftover chicken, leftover smashed potatoes and the onions that were roasted with the walleye. the flavors were very good!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 10/12/14?? by cjs ([url=http://s3.photo...)
Simple pasta. Campanella pasta with Arrabbiata sauce with meatballs and sausage and Caesar salad.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 10/12/14?? by BarbaraS (Simple pasta. Campa...)
Ron went deer hunting again, so I'm taking Alyssa and Tommy to the park, then the library, then Steak 'n Shake.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 10/12/14?? by Mare749 (Ron went deer huntin...)
The baked tortellini with chicken pasta from Karyn. Tony's making it.
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 10/12/14?? by Trixxee (The baked tortellini...)
Quote:

The baked tortellini with chicken pasta from Karyn. Tony's making it.

Trixxee, I hope you enjoy it! We really liked it but boy did it use a lot of pots and pans....I think it needs a bit of streamlining or better planning. I'm not sure how they got it done in 40 minutes!

We're having shredded beef enchiladas. If I get ambitious, I'll make a chopped salad. If not, we'll have nuked Birdseye green beans to satisfy my need to serve a balanced dinner.
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 10/12/14?? by karyn ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
We loved it! I could only find a 20 oz package of tortellini so we made a larger amount - and we put it in a baking pan. Made a little more sauce (1 more cup) but used 1/2 and 1/2 instead of heavy cream. Worked like a charm. Thank you for the link. Yes, it was a lot of pans but we will get multiple meals out of it so it all balances out.
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 10/12/14?? by Trixxee (We loved it! I coul...)
That is so funny, Karyn! I'm the same way! Even if they don't eat it, I HAVE to serve a green to balance the meal!

Good to know the reviews of the two pasta dishes. Thanks ladies!

I made Hamburger Pie for the church meal for Homecoming last night and over did it. So I made a small one for dinner and told the boys not to pig out on it at lunch.

Side note, Homecoming pulled off by my committee with record attendance and more dishes than I can imagine washed (We use real plates and silverware for events like this and over 160 in attendance today!), my kitchen is clean, dinner ready early, school clothes washed, and lesson plans and necessary materials prepared and emailed. And all done before six, including a nap this afternoon and with very little stress involved! I'm loving teaching science!!!!!! AAAAHHHHHHH!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 10/12/14?? by Gourmet_Mom (That is so funny, Ka...)
Beer Braised Chicken Thighs with Penne and broccoli.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.