Monday's Dinner, 10/13/14??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

Happy Columbus Day - with the rain we've had around here, we're going to need the Nina, Pinta or the Santa Maria..........

Leftovers here and for a late snack, Spam Melts. (one more can we picked up at the Museum)
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Monday's Dinner, 10/13/14?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Making a beef soup this way Derek will have leftovers while I'm away. Leaving tomorrow for CA to visit my folks
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 10/13/14?? by DFen911 (Making a beef soup t...)
Safe trip, Denise!!!

I don't think I have ever had spam

Tonight will be turkey club sandwiches with one piece of bread (18 carbs). Last night we had a turkey dinner and follow up dinner is always clubs.

Nice to see Erin here again
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 10/13/14?? by DFen911 (Making a beef soup t...)
Have a great trip Denise.

Tonight it's blueberry French toast, I prepared it yesterday so all I have to do is pop it in the oven.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 10/13/14?? by losblanos1 (Have a great trip De...)
Thanks Roxanne. Busy with three 7th graders. Meals are different now-a-days. But trying to cook some interesting things. Just have to be budget conscience, hard to do an stay healthy. I really like having the kids go through books/recipes and pick something out for dinner. Fun to see their tastes developing.

Monday Night Football - so the traditional Monday Night Nacho's! I think I will serve mine in a portabello mushroom. Trying to loose a few extra.

Safe travels Denise.

Jean, the rains are supposed to start tonight. I can't believe I still have tomatoes in the garden. Been a really nice late summer/fall.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 10/13/14?? by esgunn (Thanks Roxanne. B...)
Erin, I can't believe the summer up (out) there this year - it's the one I've been whining for for the last 3-4 years!!! Murphy's law.

Safe trip, Denise and have a great time with the family.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 10/13/14?? by cjs (Erin, I can't believ...)
Have fun Denise! Weather has cooled off down here (except for today). It's still in the 80's though.

We are having a rotissiere chicken, Stove Top and steamed broccoli.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 10/13/14?? by Trixxee (Have fun Denise! We...)
Have a great visit Denise! It's muggy and rainy here so I decided to try another pasta dish. Hopefully this Crispy Baked Pasta with Mushrooms, Sausage and Parmesan Cream Sauce turns out to be a one skillet meal as promised!
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 10/13/14?? by karyn (Have a great visit D...)
Let us know, Karyn!

Warm and humid here, too, Karyn! I brought home a large batch of butter beans (baby Limassol) left from homecoming dinner yesterday. So I decided spatchcock chicken and the last of my baby potatoes seemed like the perfect fit. I'm all about dishes that require little prep and have a "set it, and forget it" method.these days. This was perfect!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 10/13/14?? by Gourmet_Mom (Let us know, Karyn![...)
The recipe i linked was really good. I used hot Italian sausage, and I'd recommend that. It does need the extra spice. I also added a squirt of lemon at the end to brighten the flavors. I'll keep it as an easy, somewhat lazy dinner for a rainy day.