Thanks Maryann!!
  Re: (...)
Maryann posted a link for

[Image: Oct13AppleFritterBread_zps580a226d.jpg]
and it was just what my taste buds were looking to taste. I made half a recipe and it’s perfect for the two of us. I’ll certainly make it again.

Apple Fritter Bread
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Thanks Maryann!! by cjs (Maryann posted a lin...)
Oh, now that just looks even yummier than the first pic I saw. Can't wait to try this as we like things fruity, but not overly sweet. It looks like this would work.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Thanks Maryann!! by Mare749 (Oh, now that just lo...)
Oh yum. I bet it tastes very similar to the Jewish Apple Cake below that my mom and grandmother made forever. I like the apple fritter bread idea because it's only loaf size. The apple cake is made in a bundt pan and we wind up not eating all of it before it gets stale. Going on the list to make soon.

http://www.roadfood.com/Recipes/333/jewish-apple-cake
  Re: Re: Thanks Maryann!! by Trixxee (Oh yum. I bet it ta...)
Making just half of the bread made it a perfect size for 6 (maybe 8) pieces. Didn't want anything I'd have to fill the freezer with.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Thanks Maryann!! by cjs (Making just half of ...)
That looks amazing! It's been saved for when I need something fruity.
  Re: Re: Thanks Maryann!! by karyn (That looks amazing! ...)
Thanks, I have an apple cinnamon muffin recipe I was going to make, but I'll make this one first.
  Re: Re: Thanks Maryann!! by Cubangirl (Thanks, I have an ap...)
The only thing differently I'd do next time is add a few nuts.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Thanks Maryann!! by cjs (The only thing diffe...)
Now I miss my mom's apple cake! I'm going to have to look for that recipe, too. She used to make it in a 9x13 pan and it had apples and nuts on top. So good.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Thanks Maryann!! by Mare749 (Now I miss my mom's ...)
We just had some for breakfast - sprinkled some nuts on top and topped it all off with a slice of butter - and zapped it. So good!!!
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Thanks Maryann!! by cjs (We just had some for...)
Very nice!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.