Karyn and all in the path of the storms
  Re: (...)
Just saw the news this AM . . . praying you're all okay and safe and dry. Stay safe everyone.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Karyn and all in the path of the storms by Harborwitch (Just saw the news th...)
It's finally past us and let me tell you this little old trailer was a rockin' and rollin' in the horrendous winds. AND, there were not RVs on either side of us to block the winds!!!! Scary as hell.

Be safe all of you to the northeast of us.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Karyn and all in the path of the storms by cjs (It's finally past us...)
Yes!! Please be safe!!

Today I came home to torrential rains and high winds in spots. As I was backing down the driveway, I saw smoke coming out of the back of the house across the street and sat in my car for a bit to verify what was really going on. Went inside and had Hubby look at the house and then called the local emergency services.

The weather conditions were high humidity, rain, and 85 degrees temps.

After I called the township the local Police and Fire Officials arrived and they checked out the house across the street.

Turns out the House across the street was okay, but the kids in the house next door had started a fire in the fireplace so they could make S'Mores. How the heck they got the updraft in the fireplace and not inundate their house with smoke is beyond us. But they did inundate their neighbors with some nasty smelling smoke.

Seriously. The kids could have really made a bad situation for themselves. And their Dad was home with them!

Things that make you go WTF?

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Karyn and all in the path of the storms by BarbaraS (Yes!! Please be saf...)
Oh-Oh
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com