OT---need your good thoughts and prayers
  Re: (...)
I wasn't going to post this on the forum because I tend to be a private person that way, but then I remembered all the love and support I received 9 years ago when Alyssa was born. So, I decided to come to this group once again to ask for your positive thoughts and prayers.

This past Sunday night, my father-in-law suffered a stroke affecting the right side of his body. He lost control of his arm and leg and vision in his right eye. He was finally well enough by last night to be transferred to the rehab unit at the hospital. His doctors are pretty sure that he can make a decent recovery although it might not be 100%.They are estimating 4-6 weeks of intensive therapy and then he might be able to go home.

It's a bit more complicated due to the fact that he was doing most of the work at home because my mother-in-law has Alzheimer. So, we are going to have our hands full for a while which is why I'm not cooking much these days, but will be doing a lot more once he goes home and I'm sure all of you will have plenty of ideas for me.

On a happier note, our rental property sold in two weeks and we are no longer landlords after 37 years in the business. What an incredible relief!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: OT---need your good thoughts and prayers by Mare749 (I wasn't going to po...)
Oh, Maryann, you have all the prayers I can offer! You have a lot on your plate right now, but don't forget, take care of you, too! I wish I was closer! Doubling up on dinners would be no big deal to see that you and Ron are eating well.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: OT---need your good thoughts and prayers by Mare749 (I wasn't going to po...)
Oh Maryann my thoughts and prayers are with you. You've got an incredible load right now! Take good care and if you need a shoulder or an ear let me know.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: OT---need your good thoughts and prayers by Harborwitch (Oh Maryann my though...)
Maryann, this is such sad news and made doubly bad with your m-I-l also needing care. Like Daphne, I sure wish we were closer to give what help we could.

Stay strong and know we're all here for you and Ron!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: OT---need your good thoughts and prayers by cjs (Maryann, this is suc...)
Praying right now!
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: OT---need your good thoughts and prayers by labradors (Praying right now!...)
MaryAnn I cannot express how bad I feel for you all right now. I wish I was there to help you even it was just to do your laundry to give you a break.

You know you can come here and vent anytime you want!

As for your mother in law, and I know this is a very touchy subject for some, have you considered a home that is specially set up to care for Alzheimer patients? We had intended when we moved to Oregon to have Marvin with us. But with his advancing dementia we just couldn't do it and had to put him in a care home.

I will be keeping you all in my thoughts.
  Re: Re: OT---need your good thoughts and prayers by DFen911 (MaryAnn I cannot exp...)
MaryAnn, As you said, we have been through many trials together. It's really difficult dealing with Alzheimer's but to add the stroke with the other partner is devastating to say the least. We all do what we have to do to assist our family members in their (may I say our) waning years.

Please know that my thoughts and prayers are with you and hubby...it has to be so very difficult for him to see his parents become debilitated. There is not much I can do from here except wish you all of the strength and positive prayers that are available.

We will be here for you to vent when needed---because you will need friends and family at this most difficult time.

Alyssa---NINE???? YIKES!!!!!!!!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: OT---need your good thoughts and prayers by Roxanne 21 (MaryAnn, As you said...)
MaryAnn. So sorry to hear all this. Will keep you all in our prayers
Everything will be all right in the end. So if it is not right, then it's not yet the end.
  Re: Re: OT---need your good thoughts and prayers by mjkcooking (MaryAnn. So sorry to...)
Maryann,

You have my thoughts and prayers for you and your family. Hang in there!!

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: OT---need your good thoughts and prayers by mjkcooking (MaryAnn. So sorry to...)
It's difficult right now, but things will get better. We went through the same thing a few years ago. Positive thoughts and prayers to you and your family.