T.G.I.F. Dinner, 10/17/14??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

Haven't a clue here - the freezer is finally almost empty, so time for meat shopping fun.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 10/17/14?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Either old school tacos or steak Diane, it will depend on my energy level.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 10/17/14?? by losblanos1 (Either old school ta...)
I get to out for dinner!!! I know that sounds silly, but when you live in a community that doesn't have any restaurants this is a big deal

We're going to Macaroni Grill then to my nephews high school football game. He's not playing, thank goodness, but it's a big rival game so going for support
  Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 10/17/14?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
I am not sure. I got called in to work this afternoon so I'm thinking the salad (we didn't have last night) and leftover hanger steak.

We went to the carniceria yesterday and gleefully left the store with 11.86 lbs of pork belly at $2.28 a lb so while I'm down there I'll get the pork loin brined for the Porchetta that Bob is going to smoke this weekend, and I hope I'll have time to get a cure on part of the belly for bacon. Bob is talking about going back and getting another one! More bacon and some wonderful meals he would like.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 10/17/14?? by Harborwitch (I am not sure. I go...)
Honey glazed grilled salmon and ASPARAGUS!!

Went shopping today because Peter is traveling to the States in a few weeks and needed some jeans that fit---he lost 45 pounds----size 38 to 32. He will be visiting Wendy and hubby just as they transfer the restaurant to new owners. More on that at a later posting. Interesting times!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 10/17/14?? by Roxanne 21 (Honey glazed grilled...)
I got takeout from the restaurant the Philly Inquirer reviewed last Sunday. I love having Wonton soup for breakfast!

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 10/17/14?? by BarbaraS (I got takeout from t...)
I'm alone with BOTH of the dogs. So we are cleaning out the fridge.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 10/17/14?? by Gourmet_Mom (I'm alone with BOTH ...)
I came home from the hospital in time to make spaghetti and hot Italian sausage, with some roasted veggies on the side. My mother-in-law isn't eating enough and refused to leave the hospital for dinner. So, I packed up dinner for her and Ron and I headed back there.

Holly showed up with Bob and the girls who made sugar cookies today (kids were off school today) and packed up a tin for Ron and one for his dad. Lots of big smiles tonight, and just the lift my mother-in-law needed.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 10/17/14?? by Mare749 (I came home from the...)
OH Maryann, that's great how the family is rallying around.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 10/17/14?? by cjs (OH Maryann, that's g...)
Love it!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.