Saturday's Dinner, 10/18/14??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today?

Boy, did I stock up on meat yesterday, but I think we're having the ribs today. Don't know what else yet.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Saturday's Dinner, 10/18/14?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
On the road today heading back to Oregon. I have some left overs from the last few days. Here's hoping the microwave is functioning
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 10/18/14?? by DFen911 (On the road today he...)
Safe travels, Denise.

I took some pulled pork out of the freezer for sandwiches later if we are here. We'll have coleslaw and tator tots on the side. Gotta love tator tots!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 10/18/14?? by DFen911 (On the road today he...)
Ribs sure do sound good. But I'm going to wait and see what else inspires me.

Safe travels, Denise! And don't forget...avoid those rest stops!!!!!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 10/18/14?? by Gourmet_Mom (Ribs sure do sound g...)
Oh, that's right! Denise's story was so funny that I'm still laughing!
Maryann

Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 10/18/14?? by Mare749 (Oh, that's right! De...)
Have a safe trip home Denise.

CA is making Baked Tortellini with Chicken Gratinati.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 10/18/14?? by losblanos1 (Have a safe trip hom...)
Safe trip, Denise!

Well, the ribs are resting in the fridge for finishing off tomorrow. I slow roasted them in the 'grill/oven' and couple neighbors stopped to say how good it was smelling around here.

Since the ribs weren't going to be ready in time for dinner, I grilled a couple of chicken thighs and made an old family favorite (from B.B. & Corn) rice, corn & cheddar salad.

Sure was good - it's been a while.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 10/18/14?? by cjs (Safe trip, Denise![b...)
Went to this for lunch:

Quote:

World’s Fare Food Festival set for Oct. 18

Holy Cross Orthodox Church will host its annual World’s Fare Food Festival from 11 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. Oct. 18 at the church, 375 Fleming Ave., Ormond Beach. The multi-ethnic festival will feature traditional food from around the world including Eastern Europe, the Middle East, the Mediterranean and much more. Admission is free; a la carte food selections reasonably priced.

Had pierogies, halušky (noodles and cabbage), garlic crepes, kibbe (a sort of meatball made with ground beef, cracked wheat, pine nuts, onions and spices) and banichki (a phyllo/spinach pastry kind of like a rolled-up version of spanakopita). YUM!
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 10/18/14?? by labradors (Went to this for lun...)
That sounds so good, Labs!

I wanted to make the Chow Mein Blane has made on several occasions, but it would have required a trip to town, so I'll get the ingredients tomorrow when we go to town for church. That said, I decided on chili for tonight. Today is the first day of hunting season. (Previous weeks they have hunted with bows and muzzle loaders and already got one, but this is the official season.). Anyway, I figured chili would be easy to hold until they got home.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 10/18/14?? by labradors (Went to this for lun...)
Labs, I know how happy that food made you. We have several shops right in our neighborhood where you can buy authentic eastern European food. Not great for the waistline, but sure is tasty.
Maryann