Tuesday's Dinner, 10/21/14??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

Run around day for us - and maybe a repeat dinner at Lone Star Steak House. The chef did such an excellent job on my "Pittsburg style" steak, that we may have to go back.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 10/21/14?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Dinner will depend on what time I get home today, but I'm planning to make Ron liver and onions. He hasn't had it in ages and it's one of his favorite meals. Mashers and peas on the side. I will probably have soup and a sandwich.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 10/21/14?? by Mare749 (Dinner will depend o...)
I posted this on facebook, but I'll add it here also and maybe I can find it again....or maybe someone will play with it, too!

[Image: Oct16SloCookPorkChops_zps52d360d1.jpg]

"Slow Cooked Pork Chops – a little teaser because I have to do this one again! I wrote down the seasonings after I tasted it later, but there is some heat that I just can’t remember what I used! I do have 2 more chops, so, I’ll try it again and see if I can duplicate – it was just so simple and delicious. A take off of a Master Cook recipe I found in 2012 from an Eating Well magazine or newsletter. Beer, water, sugar, garlic, rosemary, onions, heat (red pepper flakes?). So worth doing again. The jus was perfect as is rather than making it a 'gravy'."
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 10/21/14?? by cjs (I posted this on fac...)
It's a cold, foggy day here (and we are supposed to be in the summer season...ugh!!!) so we are having lamb shanks again. His request. Peter is traveling to the States in a couple of weeks and he is asking for the comfort meals of home.
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 10/21/14?? by Roxanne 21 (It's a cold, foggy d...)
I found a crockpot recipe for Apple Cider Pulled Chicken and, because I have a horrible cold and my head is exploding, I decided to put it together earlier and nap the afternoon away. Mostly. It's supposed to be shredded and used in sandwiches, which I will do tomorrow, but tonight I'll just serve it with roasted butternut squash and maybe something else.

Apple Cider Pulled Chicken

Serves 6

2 pounds chicken breast
1 apple, sliced
1 yellow onion, sliced
1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
salt and pepper
1-1/2 cups apple cider

Place the sliced apples and onions into the base of a slow cooker. Lay the chicken on top of the apples and onions. Season with poultry seasoning, dry mustard, salt and pepper. Pour the cider on top, and cook for 6 hours on Low heat. Remove the chicken from slow cooker, shred with 2 forks, return it to the slow cooker, and toss it with the juice mixture.
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 10/21/14?? by foodfiend (I found a crockpot r...)
Jean that pork chop looks wonderful! Vicci thank you for sharing the chicken recipe - that sounds wonderful.

We are having porchetta tonight. We were going to do it last night but it poured rain and we couldn't use the smoker. Drooling here. I'm looking forward to this.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 10/21/14?? by Harborwitch (Jean that pork chop ...)
Let us know how the chicken turns out, Vicci. Sounds like a good weeknight meal.

After Blane's gorgeous cheesy potato soup, I'm making that and since Tony will ask where's the meat - a roast beef slider on the side. Founds some really good, small fresh rolls.
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 10/21/14?? by Trixxee (Let us know how the ...)
Trixxee, that soup is a grand slam! I didn't "partially puree" the potatoes and I chopped up the bacon instead of the bias style.

Tonight, an old favorite that I haven't made for quite some time; Chicken cutlets with almond butter sauce, potato confit and asparagus. Well scratch the confit, I used the last of my potatoes last night.
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 10/21/14?? by losblanos1 (Trixxee, that soup i...)
We love that recipe, Blane. It always surprises me how easy and delicious it is.

We're having an old favorite as well--sauteed beef with white wine and rosemary. I'm serving it with brown rice pilaf and green beans.
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 10/21/14?? by karyn (We love that recipe,...)
Didn't make the Asian-spiced Pork Stew with Scallion Pancakes, yesterday, since my dad's cousin (whom my mom hadn't seen in 50 years) and her husband were visiting Florida (from Alaska!) and stopped in.

Tonight, however, I did cook it and it was every bit as scrumptious as I remember. My mom loved it, too.

Remember the problems we had encountered with the Scallion Pancakes? Well King Arthur Flour did change the recipe on their website and included a link to the article in their blog.

The thing is, the new recipe doesn't have some of the ingredients of the original, so I used the original ingredients, made sure the consistency was right (it's NOT supposed to be a pourable batter) and followed the new instructions and they were wonderful.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?