Serves 6

2 pounds chicken breast
1 apple, sliced
1 yellow onion, sliced
1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
salt and pepper
1-1/2 cups apple cider

Place the sliced apples and onions into the base of a slow cooker. Lay the chicken on top of the apples and onions. Season with poultry seasoning, dry mustard, salt and pepper. Pour the cider on top, and cook for 6 hours on Low heat. Remove the chicken from slow cooker, shred with 2 forks, return it to the slow cooker, and toss it with the juice mixture.

Made this yesterday and it wasn't quite as flavorful as I would have liked, so tonight I added some chopped fresh sage and smoked paprika. It helped a lot.I served it over cornbread and it was pretty good. But this is SO simple to put together, that I will make it again.
  Re: Apple Cider Pulled Chicken - Review by foodfiend (Apple Cider Pulled C...)
Thanks for the review. I'm trying to think of what would punch up the flavor. Maybe some brown sugar? Build a sandwich around it on a fresh kaiser roll with a red cabbage slaw? Hmm....might give that idea a try.
  Re: Re: Apple Cider Pulled Chicken by Trixxee (Thanks for the revie...)
Thanks for the review, Vicci! I'll be interested to learn if changes will make it better. Is this a C@H recipe?

Jean, here is an example of where REVIEW would be helpful in the thread title?
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Apple Cider Pulled Chicken by Gourmet_Mom (Thanks for the revie...)
got it!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Apple Cider Pulled Chicken - Review by cjs (got it! [img]/ubbthr...)
Trixxee, I like the idea of a sandwich with the red cabbage slaw. Thanks! I was also thinking of adding brown sugar and some apple cider vinegar.

The recipe was on a Cooking Light forum
http://community.cookinglight.com/showth...n-for-Fall

The poster didn't indicate the source, but she gave 2 ways this chicken might be used, as a sandwich with cheddar, and in bibb lettuce leaves with a yogurt drizzle as a wrap.

I served it with butternut squash the first night, and spooned over chipotle cornbread the second time. Both were quite good meals, and since I have a cold and don't feel like cooking, easy to get together.

Jean, thanks for adding-- am surprised that I didn't do that, but this headcold is making my brain fuzzy...
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: Re: Apple Cider Pulled Chicken - Review by foodfiend (Trixxee, I like the ...)
Thanks, Jean!

And thanks for the recipe, Vikki! Copied and saved.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.