Thursday's Dinner, 10/23/14??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for today for everyone??

(Remember - if you make a new (especially C@H) recipe, think about starting a new thread for a review for posterity!)

We have leftover steak from three out to lunches/dinners, so racking my brain to use it up. Today is a steak salad from the Leftovers book and for a snack later, I need pictures for an appetizer book, so I'm making my sour cherry relish to go with duck confit over creamy quinoa. Hope it turns out.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Thursday's Dinner, 10/23/14?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
I pulled some roasted pork shoulder from the freezer to go with this purple cabbage salad Tony put together. It is so good topped with a little blue cheese dressing. It's from Northwoods Inn - if any of you have driven on the 5 freeway in So. Cal., you may have noticed this restaurant with the fake snow on the roof. Also will make potato pancakes.

http://myimperfectkitchen.com/north-wood...age-salad/
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 10/23/14?? by Trixxee (I pulled some roaste...)
It's going to be a busy afternoon, and a good thing that Thursday is always, I mean always, spaghetti night. DH only relinquishes this meal on Thanksgiving or if Christmas Eve or Day falls on a Thursday...
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 10/23/14?? by foodfiend (It's going to be a b...)
I've made so many new recipes lately with no reviews, tsk tsk! I'll have to go back and pick some favorites and review them.

Tonight it's the egg foo yung with pork fried rice and I've added wonton soup.
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 10/23/14?? by losblanos1 (I've made so many ne...)
Picking up 50 pounds of cranberries today and delivering them to 4 people and keeping 10 lbs for me. So will be canning cranberry sauce today.

Dinner will be something simple - potato leek soup
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 10/23/14?? by DFen911 (Picking up 50 pounds...)
Chicken wings and a salad.

He looks at me with those beautiful blue eyes "will you PLEASE make an apple pie" ? Soooooo.....against my better judgement, I make a good ol'fashioned apple pie Now I will have to live with the glucose level tomorrow BUT he's a happy camper
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 10/23/14?? by DFen911 (Picking up 50 pounds...)
Julia Child would call that Vichysoisse, Denise. (Just thought you would want to make this a little more elegant for guests ) Haven't had that in a while....hmmmm
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 10/23/14?? by Roxanne 21 (Julia Child would ca...)
We're having a new (to me) recipe from Fine Cooking-- Chicken Braised with Red Wine Vinegar and Tomatoes--the reviews are really good and I wanted a one-pot dinner. I'll probably toss in some kalamata olives, however, since I have them in the fridge. I'll serve it with rice pilaf and green beans.
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 10/23/14?? by karyn (We're having a new (...)
Don't forget to start a review thread, if it's good, Karyn.

We're having steak night!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 10/23/14?? by Gourmet_Mom (Don't forget to star...)
Quote:

Don't forget to start a review thread, if it's good, Karyn.

We're having steak night!

You asked for it!