FC Chicken Braised w/ Red Wine Vinegar and Tomato
  Re: (...)
I was surprised by how much I enjoyed this recipe. It's not one of those "OMG I will dream about this for weeks" recipes, but it was a fantastic weeknight dinner with a lot of flavor for minimal work. I modified it a bit. I used chicken breasts instead of thighs because that's what I had and I added the Kalamata olives because I really like olives. This is definitely going on the keeper list, particularly since it includes pretty much only staples. It was very, very good!
  Re: FC Chicken Braised w/ Red Wine Vinegar and Tomato by karyn (I was surprised by h...)
Karyn, this is right up my alley - I'm thinking a few capers along with your idea of olives would be so tasty. Thanks for posting and now we can save the review/recipe without an entire dinner thread!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: FC Chicken Braised w/ Red Wine Vinegar and Tomato by cjs (Karyn, this is right...)
Thanks Karyn - sounds good and simple. I would also use chicken breasts and serve over orzo.

Yum!
  Re: Re: FC Chicken Braised w/ Red Wine Vinegar and Tomato by Trixxee (Thanks Karyn - sound...)
Chicken breasts here as well.. Thanks Karyn...printed and saved for another comfort meal evening!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: FC Chicken Braised w/ Red Wine Vinegar and Tomato by Roxanne 21 (Chicken breasts here...)
Thank heavens I have thighs in the freezer!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: FC Chicken Braised w/ Red Wine Vinegar and Tomato by cjs (Thank heavens I hav...)
Thanks for posting it as a review thread, Karyn! It makes these "keepers" easier to find later! I agree with Jean. When I looked at the recipe yesterday, it just screamed capers to me! I'll probably be making this next week. I love the flavors.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: FC Chicken Braised w/ Red Wine Vinegar and Tomato by Gourmet_Mom (Thanks for posting i...)
Wow, I think I'll make this tomorrow night and serve over linguine. I love it when I have tomorrow's dinner planned a day early! Thanks, Karyn!
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: Re: FC Chicken Braised w/ Red Wine Vinegar and Tomato by foodfiend (Wow, I think I'll ma...)
We had this last night and enjoyed it - altho next time I will adjust the acidity a little - my capers fought with the vinegar.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: FC Chicken Braised w/ Red Wine Vinegar and Tomato by cjs (We had this last nig...)
Okay, here's a question. I'm only going to do 1 lb of chicken. Do I leave the chicken in the pan and continue to cook the rest of the ingredients? Or do I transfer the chicken to a bowl, cook the rest of the ingredients, then return the chicken to the pan?

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: FC Chicken Braised w/ Red Wine Vinegar and Tomato by BarbaraS (Okay, here's a quest...)
Transfer, cook & return. At least that's what I did with my three thighs.
www.achefsjourney.com