Saturday's Dinner, 10/25/14
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

If I can get my chicken thighs thawed soon enough, I think I'll make Karyn's Braised chicken dish - and add a few Kalamatas & capers.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Saturday's Dinner, 10/25/14 by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Soft foods for Tony today so it's pumpkin ravioli topped with half pesto sauce/half alfredo sauce. Steamed broccoli on the side.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 10/25/14 by Trixxee (Soft foods for Tony ...)
Spicy citrus shrimp from Issue 42. I used to serve with parsley rice or orzo but no can do anymore. Roasted ASPARAGUS as a side and some apple pie for a treat.

Labs' dinner last night sounds really good!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 10/25/14 by Roxanne 21 (Spicy citrus shrimp ...)
From the Celebrate the Rain cookbook(How appropriate), CA is making pecan crusted halibut with sautéed apples. I'm making the sides, potato confit and ASPARAGUS.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 10/25/14 by losblanos1 (From the Celebrate t...)
I can't decide. I want to save Karyn's dish for a week night, but if I don't come up with something soon, that may be what we have.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 10/25/14 by Gourmet_Mom (I can't decide. I w...)
I also bookmarked Karyn's chicken recipe for later use.

Tonight we're having Filets with Port Wince sauce.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 10/25/14 by BarbaraS (I also bookmarked Ka...)
Well, I kept coming back to Karyn's recipe, so I gave up looking. Chicken breasts are almost thawed and prep work is done. We haven't had polenta in a while, so I'm hoping my memory is correct that I have some, if not, I'll do pasta or rice. Green beans will serve as a green.
Daphne
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 10/25/14 by Gourmet_Mom (Well, I kept coming ...)
I made the Braised Chicken with Red Wine Vinegar and it was great! A snap to put together, and the flavors were so good. Served over linguine and topped with shaved Parm, with steamed broccoli, and a handful of sliced kalamata olives in MY serving. Yum!

Just a couple of changes. I think its a waste to use a plastic bag to flour, so I always put the flour and seasoning on a plate and roll the meat in it. I also cut the chicken breast into strips, adjusting down the cooking time a bit. I also didn't drain the tomatoes.

This one's a keeper. Thanks for posting, Karyn!
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 10/25/14 by foodfiend (I made the Braised C...)
I'm so glad everyone is enjoying this simple meal!
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 10/25/14 by karyn (I'm so glad everyone...)
I didn't drain my tomatoes either, and I used a paper bag. I did add capers, but I left off the olives. We thoroughly enjoyed the meal. And it was great with polenta!
Daphne