Monday's Dinner, 10/27/14??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

Champagne brunch this a.m. - Ham & Muenster Sandwiches and later grilled flank steak and potatoes.

I don't know if anyone ever makes carrot and raisin salad, but I grew up on it. Just carrots, raisins and a dressing my mom always made - mayo, milk, sugar. I Kind of make this in my sleep, but yesterday, I had some sorry looking green onions and added them. Wow! What a great new flavor to an old favorite. Now, I'm thinking of other modifications - maybe I'll go with my slaw dressing with it.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Monday's Dinner, 10/27/14?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
I love that salad, Jean. Sadly, Ron won't touch it with a 10 foot pole. Says he does't like raisins. Who doesn't like raisins???

We have just enough roast beef left over to have for dinner tonight, so it will be a repeat of last night. I will add either peas or green beans. There is one lone piece of gingerbread left, so Ron gets that.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 10/27/14?? by Mare749 (I love that salad, J...)
I really don't like raisins either - so I've always used currants, smaller and easier for me to enjoy!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 10/27/14?? by cjs (I really don't like ...)
Leftover chili and corn muffins.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 10/27/14?? by Trixxee (Leftover chili and c...)
Jean, carrot salad is a favorite here. Because of the sugar content, I will not be making it that often but I have added spring onions in the past...also parsley.

Leftover corned beef...hash from C@H recipes.

Maybe not. Feeling a bit under the weather but sometimes cooking takes my mind off of the flu signs.
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 10/27/14?? by Roxanne 21 (Jean, carrot salad i...)
Oh, oh, take care Roxanne - you make Peter healthy and you get sick. Not good.

An old family favorite from the 80s and the local Round Table pizza joint – Ham & Muenster Sandwiches.

[Image: 9c9125bc-6115-4b4c-b3b9-0f650bfce251_zps54f4aa1f.jpg]

And, I made a batch of peanut butter cookies for Great-grandson, Airien, so had to test with bubbly – works!!

[Image: Oct27PbuttercookieandBubbly_zps683c4f70.jpg]

Airien sent us a picture of himself a couple weeks ago and he had the same T-shirt design as one Great-Grandpa has, so had to send him a copy of it

[Image: Oct11RoyAirienSameShirt_zpsc5f70dc7.jpg]

Now, we’re off to explore……………
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 10/27/14?? by cjs (Oh, oh, take care Ro...)
That sammie looks so good.

Tonight it's French toast with apple-maple-rum sauce and sausage.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 10/27/14?? by losblanos1 (That sammie looks so...)
Minions!! Minions!! At the Jersey Shore, like Seaside Heights, they have big stuffed Minions as prizes for the boardwalk arcade games.

Made 2 lbs of chili yesterday. Having some tonight!

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 10/27/14?? by BarbaraS (Minions!! Minions!!...)
Oooopps! We moved from there in 1977, DUH, so it was the 70s. piddle, that's a Heck of a long time!
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 10/27/14?? by cjs (Oooopps! We moved fr...)
Love the minions and the sandwich. That's my kind of brunch, Jean!

We're having a stir-fry that we've loved for a really long time...like since my older son was an infant. It's one of the few dishes that continues to satisfy after many years.