Hey Denise - Idea for You
  Re: (...)
Remember the old puff pastry wrapped Brie that was so popular a number of years ago??

Pillslbury has come out with a version using crescent rolls that looks so travel-friendly - and I'm thinking some of your cranberry salsa would be sooooooo good with it.

Crescent-Wrapped Brie SOON

[Image: RE_14010adv_zps9be749a8.jpg]

1 can (8 ounces) Pillsbury® refrigerated crescent dinner rolls or 1 can (8 ounces) Pillsbury® Crescent Recipe Creations® refrigerated seamless dough sheet
1 round (8 ounces) brie cheese
1 egg, beaten

1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F.

2. If using crescent rolls: Unroll dough; separate crosswise into 2 sections. Pat dough and firmly press perforations to seal, forming 2 squares. If using dough sheet: Unroll dough; cut crosswise into 2 rectangles. Pat dough to form 2 squares.

3. Place 1 square on ungreased cookie sheet. Place cheese on center of dough. With small cookie or canapé cutter, cut 1 shape from each corner of remaining square; set cutouts aside.

4. Place remaining square on top of cheese round. Press dough evenly around cheese; fold bottom edges over top edges. Gently stretch dough evenly around cheese; press to seal completely. Brush with beaten egg. Top with cutouts; brush with additional beaten egg.

5. Bake 20 to 24 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 15 minutes. Serve warm.

Yield: Active Time: 20 Minutes - 12 servings
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Hey Denise - Idea for You by cjs (Remember the old puf...)
Oh this looks scrump and I know just the ocassion for it! Thank you Jean
  Re: Re: Hey Denise - Idea for You by DFen911 (Oh this looks scrump...)
We've got to meet some folks, so I can do this also!!!!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Hey Denise - Idea for You by cjs (We've got to meet so...)
Jean, that's how we've always done it here? We also coated the breading with Dijon before adding the cheese. But come to think of it, we used Gruyere. But I'm loving the idea of using Brie.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Hey Denise - Idea for You by Gourmet_Mom (Jean, that's how we'...)
with Pillsbury crescent rolls, Daphne?? I've only ever used puff pastry dough. I used to make them a lot on football Sundays.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Hey Denise - Idea for You by cjs (with Pillsbury cresc...)
Had this with the Pillsbury crescent rolls about 13 or 14 years ago. Very good. Very simple.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Hey Denise - Idea for You by labradors (Had this with the Pi...)
huh, well, I'm sure ready to try it and to be a little healthier, think I'll make a mini-one.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Hey Denise - Idea for You by cjs (huh, well, I'm sure ...)
There's an hors d'oeuvre idea: cut some of those crescents into smaller pieces, wrap them around those little cubes of cheese that they sell for cheese platters or salads (or dice up your favourite cheese yourself), then bake those.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Hey Denise - Idea for You by labradors (There's an hors d'oe...)
exactly what I was thinking. (with a little dollop of my leftover cherry relish.)
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Hey Denise - Idea for You by cjs (exactly what I was t...)
Well, we did a women in business expo last week - appetizers for 100+ women, and I used cut crescent rolls to make a hot crab appetizer and then took the premade phyllo cups, added a cube of brie and topped that with my hop pepper jam for some and cranberry sauce for others. Popped them in the oven for a few minutes to warm melt and they were delish. I am sure you could use the crescents for the bottom of these as well.