Wednesday's Dinner, 10/29/14??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

Travel day for us to West Memphis, AR - so leftover catfish and okra when we land.

Tomorrow I'm thinking the leftover baked sweet potato will make some good hash............
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 10/29/14?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
I'm going to pick up some hawaiian rolls for cheeseburger sliders. Maybe some coleslaw on the side.
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 10/29/14?? by Trixxee (I'm going to pick up...)
CA and I spent the night in West Memphis a few of years ago, no rooms were available in the real Memphis.

Tonight it's Boursin potato soup again, this time with clams added to make a clam chowder. I'm also thinking about a salami-apple grilled cheese sandwich to go with.
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 10/29/14?? by losblanos1 (CA and I spent the n...)
We're having a chicken, broccoli and asiago with penne skillet dinner. I've been in meetings all day. Teaching is easier!!!
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 10/29/14?? by karyn (We're having a chick...)
Did I miss something? Are you not teaching this year?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 10/29/14?? by cjs (Did I miss something...)
I'm doing spaghetti tonight!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 10/29/14?? by cjs (Did I miss something...)
Quote:

Did I miss something? Are you not teaching this year?

I'm still teaching (special ed at a private middle school), but today I was meeting with parents all day...I had a sub because on the regular conference days it works better if I'm available to parents to hear their concerns either before or after their regular conferences with the other teachers. My conferences went well, but there's a ton I have to do to prepare and I always worry that someone is going to go off on me and I won't see it coming. That's only happened once, but it was memorable!!
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 10/29/14?? by karyn ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Ahh, Special Ed - that takes such a special teacher, I'm in awe, Karyn!!
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 10/29/14?? by cjs (Ahh, Special Ed - th...)
I've had a few of those memorable moments, too, Karyn. I didn't realize you were in Special Ed. God help you with all that paperwork!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 10/29/14?? by Gourmet_Mom (I've had a few of th...)
Quote:

I've had a few of those memorable moments, too, Karyn. I didn't realize you were in Special Ed. God help you with all that paperwork!

The paperwork is not nearly as bad in private school as it was in public school, but the parent care probably makes up for it! I switched from LA back to middle school resource teacher when I switched schools a few years ago because I had some major philosophical disagreements with the direction my previous school was taking. I've really enjoyed being back in special ed, believe it or not!