Tuesday's Dinner, 11/4/14??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

I'm doing a Noble Pig recipe for Brined & Glazed Hoisin Drumsticks and baked acorn squash.

Does anyone else have a crazy month of birthdays as we do in November - I miss my family.

Nov. 1 - hubby
Nov. 3 - daughter
Nov. 4 - granddaughter
Nov. 5 - granddaughter
Nov. 6 - granddaughter
(and, my Dad, was the end of the month)

3 generations - Roy, daughter Nov. 3 and her daughter the 5th are all 20 years apart.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 11/4/14?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Spicy chicken stir fry with sesame broccoli.

Hubby...Nov 9
Stepson Nov 4
Wendy's two dogs Nov 11 and 15 (1 year apart)

We don't really have a crazy month for birthdays but an interesting piece of trivia, Jean.
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 11/4/14?? by Roxanne 21 (Spicy chicken stir f...)
I'm making Noble Pig's Vietnamese Beef, but will serve it over ramen or angel hair. Burnt out on rice.

We have 5 December birthdays, including my brother's on Christmas and my SIL's on NYE.
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 11/4/14?? by Trixxee (I'm making Noble Pig...)
I am thawing a package of what looks like it might be marinated chicken breasts. If it's not raining later, might try to put those on the grill and make a nice green salad. Too much heavy food lately.

We only have three November birthdays. Ron's b-day is the 13th and my Thanksgiving babies will be 37 (yikes) on the 26th.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 11/4/14?? by Mare749 (I am thawing a packa...)
Wife- Nov. 8th
Stepdaughter- Nov. 6th

Tonight, from issue 107, I'm making the gouda Mac 'n Cheese.
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 11/4/14?? by losblanos1 (Wife- Nov. 8th[br]St...)
Another day of great sounding dishes.

I'm also having fun with the stuffing for my acorn squash - naturally I made too much for one lonely squash, so I'm thinking making a salad out of the remains..... and add the mango I've been keeping an eye on on the counter.

Breaking up my planned dinner into 2 - or it'll be way too much food.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 11/4/14?? by cjs (Another day of great...)
Late January and February used to be crazy here!
William's grandmother (deceased) January 27th
FIL (deceased)- February 5th
William- February 8th
Me- February 23rd

But even now, with both of our birthdays 15 days apart and Valentine's between? Still kind of a busy month!

Jean, let me know what you think of the chicken recipe. I've got that one in the que....waiting to remember the star anise. Dang CRS!

Dinners do sound great! I'm doing Chicken Parmesan and a salad.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 11/4/14?? by Gourmet_Mom (Late January and Feb...)
BLT Sandwich at the pool hall!! Yep!! After a 7-year hiatus, I am back on the pool scene! Not really embarrassing myself, but I still need to get back into stroke. Wednesday's "Cook's night off" has bee cancelled until further notice since Hubby needs to pick up something for dinner. Can you believe I had to give him instructions on how to reheat a steak sandwich and fries?

ETA:

Nov 1 - my BD
Nov 5 - Mom's BD (90 YO tomorrow and still kicking it with her sharp wit)
Nov 5 - Oldest Sis' anniversary
Nov 12 - other Sis's BD.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 11/4/14?? by BarbaraS (BLT Sandwich at the ...)
Bless your heart Barbara,! But I'm glad to see you having fun!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 11/4/14?? by Gourmet_Mom (Bless your heart Bar...)
You'll be tearin' up those halls in no time, Barbara. Sounds like school nights for me - I had to leave written instructions for everything that Roy was to eat.

Seems March was a busy month for many, many folks!!!!
www.achefsjourney.com