Wednesday Dinner, 11/5/14??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

Travel day for us, so I'm going to morph my squash stuffing into a salad - easy and fast. AND, another of those great drumsticks!!!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Wednesday Dinner, 11/5/14?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Boerwors and a Caesar salad. Don't ya just love simple
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Wednesday Dinner, 11/5/14?? by Roxanne 21 (Boerwors and a Caesa...)
Turkey thighs in the rotisserie, salad and rolls.
  Re: Re: Wednesday Dinner, 11/5/14?? by DFen911 (Turkey thighs in the...)
B'fast for dinner and I mean it this time! Baked blueberry French toast and sausage.
  Re: Re: Wednesday Dinner, 11/5/14?? by losblanos1 (B'fast for dinner an...)
Yeah, yeah, we've heard that before.....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Wednesday Dinner, 11/5/14?? by cjs (Yeah, yeah, we've he...)
Tony is out of town and Michael requested a rotissiere chicken from Smart and Final. He'll have plain rice with his - I guess I'll make a baked potato for me. Maybe just some sliced tomatoes as a veggie.
  Re: Re: Wednesday Dinner, 11/5/14?? by Trixxee (Tony is out of town ...)
I had planned to do Zuppa Toscana one chilly night this week, but I'm making it tonight. Tomorrow we are celebrating my principal's 50th birthday, and it was decided we'd do soups and sandwiches for lunch. So I bumped this up to tonight and just made a double batch.

DD was pleased. She's staying here tonight, and she's never had it.

ETA: I had not been adding the pinch of red pepper flakes. And while it was really good, I felt it was almost a little sweet. Tonight I added the pepper flakes. Sent it over the top!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Wednesday Dinner, 11/5/14?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Tonight was a throwback dinner re-imagined. I am going to write down what we did because it was really great.

Tuna casserole, gluten free, and lactose free with fresh carrots tossed with a bit of butter, lemon juice & zest, lemon thyme, parsley and chives.

Some days this gluten/lactose free thing is a serious pain in the arse. Some days it's like a red cape in front of the bull - I will survive and tonight was a killer remake of an old favorite.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Wednesday Dinner, 11/5/14?? by Harborwitch (Tonight was a throwb...)
Are you transforming your diet completely Sharon or introducing some of the aspects of gluten/lactose free???
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Wednesday Dinner, 11/5/14?? by cjs (Are you transforming...)
I have been introducing gluten free to our diet. While William has chosen to give up flour products, most of the time, I found it hard to give up pasta. Rarely getting pasta, unless I went to shop in the city for rice pasta, was making me frustrated. Recently, gluten free pasta has made it's way into my little grocery store. I am now a happy camper!

Sharon, what is your motivation for the gluten free/lactose free diet? My yummy soup last night is gluten free and could probably be lactose free. Although, there is only one cup of fat free half and half in a large pot of soup. But I think it would work without that? Is this self imposed or doctor prescribed? I hope everything is okay!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.