VOT: I just realized!
  Re: (...)
I ONLY HAVE FOUR FULL WEEKS UNTIL RETIREMENT! OMG! I need to start packing and moving out! Is anxiety and uncertaintity normal?!?!

Not only that, I get a lot of flack about what I will do. My mother is convinced I will lay in bed and cruise the Internet. REALLY?

I have several projects at home planned and a couple of projects I intend to get involved with at church. Not to mention an interest in some culinary classes at the local community college.

Is that so bad?
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: VOT: I just realized! by Gourmet_Mom (I ONLY HAVE FOUR FUL...)
You go girl! Happy retirement, you've got a long ways to go to catch Jean on posts. Better to get started!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: VOT: I just realized! by Old Bay (You go girl! Happy ...)
Yea, not to mention cooking! I'll get to play in the kitchen'. Thanks for the support Bill!
Daphne
  Re: Re: VOT: I just realized! by Gourmet_Mom (Yea, not to mention ...)
Gosh, how exciting Daphne! And you thought it would never come and here it is just around the corner. And I don't know that laying in bed and cruising the internet for a few days isn't a well-deserved reward, but I can't imagine it would last for long with you.

Congratulations on making it this far, how funny, I was just thinking about you this morning, wondering how close you were and this pops up when I log on. Great minds must have connected!

As Bill said - you go girl!
  Re: Re: VOT: I just realized! by iBcookin (Gosh, how exciting D...)
FANTASTIC!! Daphne, you will probably be busier than you're ever been in your life - BUT, you can stop and smell the roses anytime you darn well please! THAT'S RETIREMENT and it can't be beat.

Congratulations and who knows - it may be you and William coming 'down' to meet us (and maybe the Millers????) somewhere before spring.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: VOT: I just realized! by cjs (FANTASTIC!! Daphne, ...)
Woo hoo!
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: VOT: I just realized! by labradors (Woo hoo!...)
4 weeks! YAY! And yes the anxiety is very normal. Because I retired so young I got so much flack about it as well. "You are too young to retire. You'll be back working within 6 months" HA! Jokes on them I absolutely love being retired and now when I 'work' it's volunteer work on my time schedule and because I enjoy doing it, instead of have to do it
  Re: Re: VOT: I just realized! by DFen911 (4 weeks! YAY! And ye...)
Just to be clear, it's actually five calendar weeks, but I'm not counting the week of Thanksgiving because I only have to work two days that week.

Linda, that is too funny!

Jean, wouldn't that be fun!

Thanks, Denise. Volunteering is what I'm talking about! On my terms and my timetable!
Daphne
  Re: Re: VOT: I just realized! by Gourmet_Mom (Just to be clear, it...)
Congratulations Daphne!
  Re: Re: VOT: I just realized! by losblanos1 (Congratulations Daph...)
Daphne, I know exactly what you are talking about. I got some of that when I got laid off a few years ago and decided to retire instead of getting another job. Now, when people ask me what I do, I tell them whatever I feel like doing.

I am sooo excited for you! Make yourself a paper chain to count down the days!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."