Tuesday's Dinner, 11/11/14??
  Re: (...)
First of all, I hope we all remember those who served to keep us safe.

What's for dinner for everyone today??

I'm refining a dish I stumbled upon a couple of weeks ago - Brew Pub Pork Chops
[Image: Oct16SloCookPorkChops_zps52d360d1.jpg]

We loved the flavor of this dish.

AND, this is the last day of beautiful weather - gonna get cold starting tonight.......... We have our doors open already this a.m. - it's 62° already and the sun is so bright!!!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 11/11/14?? by cjs (First of all, I hope...)
I need to look around for something yummy. No decisions yet.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 11/11/14?? by Gourmet_Mom (I need to look aroun...)
My car is acting funny so I'm bringing it into the dealer - no idea of how long it will be there or when it will be ready to pick up (today? tomorrow?) so I'm planning on something easy and quick in case they call me right around dinner time. Pulling some marinara from the freezer to go with cheese tortellini.

Edited to add I just rented a car until tomorrow so now I don't have to worry about picking mine up today so I've changed gears - now making chicken noodle soup using the cutest noodles.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Manischewitz-S...2/17236092
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 11/11/14?? by Trixxee (My car is acting fun...)
I'm thinking Sopa de Fideo with a manchego grilled cheese, it's cold here.
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 11/11/14?? by losblanos1 (I'm thinking Sopa de...)
I am making homemade noodles to cook in the turkey stock along with some leftover turkey and a side of something green. This makes enough to feed a large family, so will take a container over to my dad, then another one for my in-laws.

My mother-in-law is the one who taught me how to make this dish that is common to the area of Pa. that they came from. There will be lots of smiles all around tonight!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 11/11/14?? by Mare749 (I am making homemade...)
I made a bouillabaisse for Peter's birthday last night and I will have the leftovers for my dinner. He is off to Scottsdale as we speak.....his first leg is over but he still has 22 hours to go. The poor guy was exhausted before he left.
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 11/11/14?? by Roxanne 21 (I made a bouillabais...)
Well happy late b'day to Mr. Traveler!!

Another day when everything sounds so good - we've added to the day's menu: fried catfish Po'Boys with lettuce coleslaw (no cabbage in the house ) - nice snacky sandwich for the last day of great weather....but, the wind has picked up (11:40a.m.) so no telling how long I can be outside.............. we're gonna get hit soon.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 11/11/14?? by cjs (Well happy late b'da...)
Hold tight, Jean!

Maryann, your dinner sounds very much like a dish we have around here that we call pastry. The noodles are about two inches wide that are rolled out, cut, then stretched VERY thin and left to dry for a few hours. We then break them off into manage le lengths and drop in boiling stock. One of my children's favorie dishes, and a staple at Thanksgiving.

I finally decided on Chicken Piccata. It has crossed my mind several times lately, so I finally gave in. DD is going to be here and it's one of her favorites.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 11/11/14?? by Gourmet_Mom (Hold tight, Jean![br...)
Everything sounds delicious tonight. We're having Pastitsio...I've loved it at restaurants, but never found a recipe that measured up for at home. I hope this one works! I'll serve frozen green beans as a side, 'cuz they're easy.
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 11/11/14?? by karyn (Everything sounds de...)
Karyn, please let us know if you like the recipe you are using!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."