Wednesday's Dinner, 11/12/14??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

We're having 'Mississippi Breakfast Bake' for a bubbly brunch this a.m. (don't know what makes the dish 'Mississippi,' but I'll go with it). Later, we're finally going to have our Brew Pub pork chops.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 11/12/14?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Roasted red pepper and feta quiche with a green salad.
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 11/12/14?? by Roxanne 21 (Roasted red pepper a...)
Tony asked for the chicken & bacon birthday burritos. Hope I can find a ripe avocado at the store.
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 11/12/14?? by Trixxee (Tony asked for the c...)
Pasta with Marcella Hazan's Roasted Tomato Sauce, cheese bread and a salad. Nice and quick.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 11/12/14?? by Lorraine (Pasta with Marcella ...)
The family is meeting up at La Hacienda Restaurant for another CA birthday dinner.
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 11/12/14?? by losblanos1 (The family is meetin...)
Awwww! A family birthday! How sweet!

I'm doing Ricardo's Roasted Italian Sausage, Potatoes, Peppers, and Onions.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 11/12/14?? by Gourmet_Mom (Awwww! A family bir...)
It was a really busy day so we had leftovers. The pastitsio was good, but not the home run I had hoped for.
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 11/12/14?? by karyn (It was a really busy...)
Okay, I think I made Ricardo's dish? Jean? I thought it was posted here? Jean? I suddenly have no record of the recipe! This is weird. I have made it numerous times.
Daphne
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 11/12/14?? by Gourmet_Mom (Okay, I think I made...)
It's in Share a Recipe, Daphne, page 55. Here you go

ROAST SAUSAGE WITH ONIONS, PEPPER & POTATOES
(Roberto), Kernersville, NC USA
Amounts are irrelevant - this is ultra simple and delicious.

Bell Peppers - green, red, yellow - whatever you prefer to use - cored, seeded and cut into nice chunks.
Potatoes scrubbed & cubed into large chunks.
Large onions, of any variety, peeled and chunked.
Salt & Pepper, Olive oil
Sausage - Italian is the primary choice but this is wonderful with Kielbasa, Bratwurst, Chorizo, Andouille, whatever you can get a lot of for a little.

Combine all cut vegetables in a large foil roasting pan and drizzle with a goodly amount of olive oil, season with salt & pepper.

I add some crushed red pepper, a little Rosemary, Thyme, Oregano and mix well.
Cover with foil and bake in a 350°F oven for about an hour.

While the veggies cook, parboil your sausage in a little water in a covered pan for 15 to 20 minutes.

When veggies are starting to get nice and soft, cut the sausage into nice size pieces and add to the roasting pan.

Cover and bake 3/4 to 1 hour, then uncover & roast under the broiler, stirring occasionally, till the sausage is browning nicely and the veggies start to show signs of browning.

Serve with grated cheese, bread and a salad, or a raw vegetable antipasto, or soup, or anything.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 11/12/14?? by cjs (It's in Share a Reci...)
It was so good! Thanks, Jean!
Daphne