Wednesday's Dinner, 11/19/14??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

Guess where we're headed today..........
[Image: Feb19OctoupsSaladwithCaramelizedOnions_zps3c2fa8cc.jpg]

Louisiana - almost to alligator and octopus country!!!!!

I'm thinking of making a torta of the Butternut sq. and top with butternut squash & sausage hash.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 11/19/14?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
You would be the type to wake up in the wee hours of the morning thinking of food! LOL!

Not sure what we'll have. Off to Duke today, so I'll have plenty of time to think about it.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 11/19/14?? by Gourmet_Mom (You would be the typ...)
Check up? Hope all is well.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 11/19/14?? by cjs (Check up? Hope all i...)
I'm thinking mac n' cheese.
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 11/19/14?? by losblanos1 (I'm thinking mac n' ...)
Hope everything is okay, Daphne.

I have a crockpot full of venison stew to take out to my in-laws, so we'll eat with them tonight. Homestyle bread to go with.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 11/19/14?? by Mare749 (Hope everything is o...)
The place on Williams forehead did not completely close up, but the Bariatric doctors told him there should be enough viable tissue now for a skin graft? We were hoping to put surgery off until after I retire, but now he has two places and is on his second infection. So we are consulting with the plastic surgeon today.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 11/19/14?? by Gourmet_Mom (The place on William...)
Best of luck to him today, Daphne.

Well, Tony's out of town and I'm craving a cheeseburger on a fresh onion kaiser roll from the bakery. Michael surprised me by asking for pizza from Papa John's, light cheese please.
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 11/19/14?? by Trixxee (Best of luck to him ...)
I hope all goes well, Daphne.

We're trying Salsa Verde Chicken tonight. It's a skillet meal topped with dumplings, which sounds great on such a cold day. If it's a keeper, I'll let you all know.

Jean, gator and octopus! Yumm!!!
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 11/19/14?? by karyn (I hope all goes well...)
That sounds so good Karyn. Definitely report back. Gosh, I still need to make that red wine vinegar chicken. So glad there's not school next week - more time for cooking new things.
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 11/19/14?? by karyn (I hope all goes well...)
Good thoughts are coming your way, Daphne. Hope all is well.

Venison stew is smelling pretty good and we will be leaving shortly. I enjoy venison well enough but would rather be eating cheese pizza with Michael from Papa Johns. Yum.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."