C@H Facebook
  Re: (...)
I just don't get it. There are over 1,000 members on the C@H Facebook page, which isn't even run by C@H. Every time someone posted "Thanks for the Add" I'd post a link to the board here.

No one there really discusses C@H recipes like we do here. A lot just post their own recipes.

So I cannot understand why not one of them has bothered to come over and say hello and see what's what. The moderator over there doesn't even engage his audience.

The page just sits there, like a giant lump and it's such a waste.

**steps down and walks away**
  Re: C@H Facebook by DFen911 (I just don't get it....)
Hmmm. Sharing your frustration...
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: C@H Facebook by Mare749 (Hmmm. [img]/ubbthrea...)
I'm not impressed with it either. I think the attraction is that you can quickly glance at it while checking out Facebook. I belong to another Culinary group on Facebook where the members come from the Cookaholics forum and it's great. Some only post there now, but it's a great place for questions or quick sharing.

I believe the organization of this forum makes it hard for folks to find stuff and the search engine is a PITA. So I think it is the folks here that make it worthwhile, but that is not obvious if you just click over. Just my .02.
  Re: Re: C@H Facebook by Cubangirl (I'm not impressed wi...)
I sure wish they would join us. Sad.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: C@H Facebook by Gourmet_Mom (I sure wish they wou...)
There are 9611 registered members on this forum.
  Re: Re: C@H Facebook by losblanos1 (There are 9611 regis...)
I've been told over the years that it is very hard for 'newbies' to join an already established group. It takes a lot of gumption to drop in the middle of folks who have already created a relationship and certainly more so when so many of us have met each other in person.

I found this to be true when I was looking for a "home" when C2C went to hell - I was the outsider and it seemed like too much trouble to ingratiate myself into the 'group.' I finally found 3 homes - this one, Discuss Cooking - don't know why I don't go there anymore, probably because I don't really know anyone well (HELLO!!). And, Cooking.com, but they disbanded the forum.

I have no idea how to overcome this as we all try our hardest to make the new folks feel welcome and a part of things.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: C@H Facebook by cjs (I've been told over ...)
Well I am very excited. I am the new admin of the C@H Facebook page

Now let's see what we can do. Reviews here I would like to see posted there as well. If they (members) start to see our faces there, they might not be so shy here.

But I will say I think most don't come here because they're already on FB and don't want to change.

Blane you are my first featured banner image
  Re: Re: C@H Facebook by DFen911 (Well I am very excit...)
Way to go, Denise! You've got my support!!!!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: C@H Facebook by Gourmet_Mom (Way to go, Denise! ...)
I've been trying to when I do a C@H dish. Hope this works and more join us.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: C@H Facebook by cjs (I've been trying to ...)
I think a lot of people already feel like they spend too much time online as it is and to add another chat board isn't something they are interested in, especially if it's basically more of the same material.